Do you need a better way to compare the cheapest car insurance rates in Dallas, TX? Dallas buyers have many options when searching for the lowest priced Honda Civic insurance. You can either waste hours calling around to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to compare rates.
There is a better way to buy car insurance so we're going to tell you the proper way to compare rates on a Honda and obtain the cheapest rates from Dallas insurance agents and online providers.
Insurance policy discounts for Honda Civic insurance in Dallas
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Multi-line Discount - Select insurance companies reward you with a lower price if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- No Claim Discounts - Dallas drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Dallas auto insurance quote.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to monitor their driving habits remotely such as State Farm's In-Drive may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Older drivers may receive a slight reduction on a Dallas auto insurance quote.
- E-sign - A handful of companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying coverage for several vehicles with the same insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Military Discounts - Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better premium rates.
Please keep in mind that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that it's possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn't work that way. Any amount of discount will cut the premium cost.
Popular insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- State Farm discounts include driver's education, multiple policy, passive restraint, good student, and multiple autos.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for electronic funds transfer, homeowner, distant student, alternative fuel, mature driver, pay in full, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO may have discounts that include five-year accident-free, good student, driver training, seat belt use, membership and employees, and defensive driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for student away at school, air bags, paperless, teen driver, and group or association.
- The Hartford may include discounts for vehicle fuel type, bundle, driver training, good student, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for safe driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, 55 and retired, driver training, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, good student, family discount, defensive driver, driver training, and loyalty savings.
Check with each company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not be available in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Dallas, click this link.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Dallas, TX. In order to find cheaper car insurance in Texas, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$292||$496||$500||$30||$150||$1,468||$122|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$542||$462||$28||$138||$1,374||$115|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$198||$486||$358||$22||$108||$1,172||$98|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$156||$422||$576||$34||$172||$1,360||$113|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,198||$100|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$572||$388||$24||$116||$1,348||$112|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$256||$672||$476||$28||$142||$1,574||$131|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$532||$430||$26||$128||$1,322||$110|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$156||$414||$430||$26||$128||$1,154||$96|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$166||$390||$490||$30||$146||$1,222||$102|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$176||$414||$388||$24||$116||$1,118||$93|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$364||$988||$642||$38||$192||$2,224||$185|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$368||$720||$514||$30||$154||$1,786||$149|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$176||$494||$538||$32||$162||$1,402||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific Dallas garaging location which can affect rates significantly.
Raise deductibles and save
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Honda Civic insurance costs for each age group. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone's situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- When should I not file a claim?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
When to talk to an insurance agent
A lot of people just prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Dallas.
By using this short form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Dallas who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won't need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
If you want to buy insurance from a local Dallas insurance agent, there are two different types of agents that you can choose from. Agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both do a good job, but it's important to know why they differ since it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to do anything. When shopping rates, you absolutely need to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Dallas who can help you get pricing information.
- JME Insurance
5495 Belt Line Rd #333 - Dallas, TX 75254 - (972) 245-0266 - View Map
- Porter-Brandenburg Agency
12160 Abrams Rd - Dallas, TX 75243 - (972) 234-5588 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Paula L Ratliff Agency Inc
11661 Preston Rd #146 - Dallas, TX 75230 - (214) 890-0760 - View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company's products which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently use the same agent mostly because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Below are Dallas exclusive agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Brent Holtz - State Farm Insurance Agent
3427 E Trinity Mills Rd #601 - Dallas, TX 75287 - (972) 306-1234 - View Map
- Dan Stanton - State Farm Insurance Agent
3767 Forest Ln #107 - Dallas, TX 75244 - (972) 243-8894 - View Map
- Ruth Shannon - State Farm Insurance Agent
18217 Midway Rd #134 - Dallas, TX 75287 - (972) 735-9797 - View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- What companies can they write with?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
Best reasons to buy insurance in Texas
Even though Dallas Civic insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Civic, more than likely the lender will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance preserves your Honda and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Honda gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to ensure rates are inline.
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Medical costs insurance - Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills such as rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care and surgery. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Liability auto insurance - This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 30/60/25 which means $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims like repair bills for other people's vehicles, pain and suffering and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision - Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism, theft and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage - This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your Civic in order to get cheaper collision rates.
UM/UIM Coverage - Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Honda Civic.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Normally these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
When you buy Dallas auto insurance online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an accident victim reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Lower-priced Honda Civic insurance in Dallas is attainable from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies don't offer online quoting and these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
We just showed you a lot of ways to save on Honda Civic insurance in Dallas. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Honda Civic rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Laredo, Texas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Texas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Texas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Austin, Texas? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)