Are you overwhelmed by the wide range of insurance providers that you can choose from? Many other drivers are as well. You have so many providers available that it can easily turn into a chore to find the lowest price for Ford Fusion insurance in Dallas. Dallas is an awesome place to live, but inflated insurance prices makes it impossible to meet other financial obligations.
Regrettably, the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in Texas being $2,680, drivers could save 70% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just feel it's too hard to compare rates.
Keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies increases the chance that you will find a better price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online rate quotes, so it's recommended that you also compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Texas. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Texas, we suggest you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$268||$456||$392||$24||$118||$1,258||$105|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$308||$472||$500||$30||$150||$1,460||$122|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$532||$500||$30||$150||$1,444||$120|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$452||$514||$30||$154||$1,378||$115|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$378||$584||$500||$30||$150||$1,642||$137|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$176||$352||$358||$22||$108||$1,016||$85|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$614||$496||$30||$148||$1,576||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can modify auto insurance rates greatly.
Does full coverage make sense?
The information below illustrates the comparison of Ford Fusion insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no set rule to stop buying physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's assume your Ford Fusion replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $800 annually to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Auto insurance cost for men versus women in Dallas
The illustration below compares Ford Fusion auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Policy deductible comparison
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Ford Fusion premium costs for different age groups. The data is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Verify you're earning every discount
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Older drivers are able to get a slight reduction on a Dallas car insurance quote.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying insurance on a new vehicle is cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds who allow their insurance company to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Life Insurance - Car insurance companies who offer life insurance give lower premium rates if you buy some life insurance too.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer most of these discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Dallas. To choose providers who offer discounts in Texas, click here.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You'll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good company requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is there a local claims center in Dallas?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Dallas?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Dallas?
Listed below are agents in Dallas that may be willing to give price quote information for Ford Fusion insurance in Dallas.
- Ruth Shannon - State Farm Insurance Agent
18217 Midway Rd #134 - Dallas, TX 75287 - (972) 735-9797 - View Map
- Kelvin Nunley - State Farm Insurance Agent
1441 N Cockrell Hill Rd #100 - Dallas, TX 75211 - (214) 333-0404 - View Map
- Bankhead Insurance Agency LLC
10935 Estate Ln #380 - Dallas, TX 75238 - (214) 343-1333 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Comparable Insurance Agency Inc
9750 Walnut St Ste 106 - Dallas, TX 75243 - (214) 575-2750 - View Map
After getting good answers to these questions as well as a price you're happy with, you've probably found an insurance company that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles. Keep in mind you can always cancel coverage whenever you choose to so never feel that you are permanently stuck with your new company for a certain time period.
Find Ford Fusion Insurance at a Discount
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower rates. Many things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, although some other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The list below includes just a few of the factors insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
Big cities have higher prices - Choosing to live in areas with lower population is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. People in densely populated areas have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
If you don't need it don't buy it - Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying insurance. Things like rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
Bad credit will cost you - An insured's credit score can be a huge factor in determining your rates. People that have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. So if your credit rating is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Ford Fusion if you improve your credit rating.
Teenagers vs. older drivers - Youthful drivers in Texas are proven to be inattentive when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher. Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers.
Car features impact insurance rates - Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Ford Fusion claim statistics - Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that tend to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher premium rates. The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Ford Fusion vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford Fusion Models
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Fusion 2WD||110||95||108||116||111||105|
|Ford Fusion 4WD||115||85||120||88||77||71|
|Ford Fusion Hybrid||125||97||98||92||93||95|
|Ford Fusion Plug-in Hybrid||128||87||91||88||91||107|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insuring your Ford Fusion just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford Fusion insurance, car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Ford, it's most likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your Ford Fusion and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Texas is overpaying more than $869 every year so compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
The best rates come from being thorough
Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Budget-conscious Ford Fusion insurance is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Dallas agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
You just learned many ideas to shop for Ford Fusion insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Texas? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Irving, Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Texas? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Texas Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)