Want to save money and find cheaper car insurance rates in Houston, TX? Houston drivers have options when trying to find the best price on Honda Insight insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online and you need to know the quickest way to quote coverages for your Honda and get the lowest price either online or from Houston insurance agents.
You should make it a habit to compare premium rates before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best rates on Honda Insight insurance in Houston last year you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of information about Insight insurance on the web, but in a few minutes you can learn some solid techniques on how to reduce your car insurance bill.
If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, use these money-saving tips to buy cheaper auto insurance while maximizing coverage. These tips will instruct you on the best ways to compare prices and some money-saving tips. Smart shoppers just need to use the quickest method to compare insurance rates online.
Low-cost car insurance in Houston, TX
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase insurance rates significantly.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The information below illustrates the comparison of Honda Insight auto insurance costs with full phyical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The rates are based on no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no set guideline of when to exclude full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Honda Insight book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Smart Buyers Can Cut Their Insurance Premiums
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the things that are used to determine your insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may result in better insurance rates. Many things are considered when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
- Prevent insurance policy lapses - Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a quick way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage could result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce rates - Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping car theft.
- Impacts performance impacts auto insurance prices - The make and model of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Because the Honda Insight is considered a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower compared to average rates in Houston. Small economy passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Raising deductibles lowers prices - Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a broken windshield, damage from fire, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
Check for these price cutting discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise every discount they offer very well, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Houston auto insurance online.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Having several vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow their auto insurance company to track driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Progressive and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates if you have no claims prior to the accident.
Just know that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
A few companies that may offer quotes with most of the discounts above include:
Before buying, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Houston.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
A lot of people still like to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local insurance agents is especially important in Houston.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Houston who can give free rate quotes for your business. You won't need to leave your house because prices are sent to you instantly. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Insurance agent types
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can sell car insurance policies, but it's good to learn the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything. When comparison shopping, you definitely need to include several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agents in Houston who may provide pricing information.
- Texas Prime Insurance Agency, LLC
6750 West Loop S #430 - Bellaire, TX 77401 - (713) 750-9000 - View Map
- Jason Jimenez Insurance Agency
8323 Southwest Fwy #390 - Houston, TX 77074 - (713) 270-0073 - View Map
- Ken W Taylor Insurance Agency
9405 Huffmeister Rd #110 - Houston, TX 77095 - (281) 345-2580 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents are contracted to one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Houston willing to provide price quote information.
- Sean Wong - State Farm Insurance Agent
7035 Hwy 6 N - Houston, TX 77095 - (281) 550-0555 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Harris County Insurance Agency
13030 Woodforest Blvd b - Houston, TX 77015 - (713) 451-5716 - View Map
- Ricky Maique - State Farm Insurance Agent
8811 Westheimer Rd #205 - Houston, TX 77063 - (713) 781-6132 - View Map
Picking the best insurance agency requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. A good agent in Houston will have answers to these questions.
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Do insurance companies bend the truth?
Texas drivers can't escape the ads that claim the lowest premium rates by State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies convey the message about how much you will save if you move to them.
How does every insurance company save you money on Honda Insight insurance in Houston?
Insurance companies provide the lowest rates for a prospective insured that earns them a profit. One example of a driver they prefer might be between 30 and 50, has a clean driving record, and drives a safe vehicle. Any new insured who meets those qualifications gets the lowest prices as well as save quite a bit of money when switching.
People who fall outside those criteria will probably have to pay higher premiums which leads to business not being written. Company advertisements say "people who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save the amount stated. This is how companies can make those claims.
This really drives home the point why you should compare many company's rates. Because you never know the company that will have the best Honda Insight insurance in Houston.
You can lower your car insurance rates
We just showed you a lot of techniques to get a better price on Honda Insight insurance in Houston. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Cost effective Honda Insight insurance can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Houston auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some companies do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
When searching for inexpensive Houston auto insurance quotes, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Much more information about car insurance in Texas is available on the following sites:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Texas Car Insurance Rates for Veterans? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Garland, Texas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Company Car in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Texas? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)