Are you irritated from trying to scrape together enough money to pay your auto insurance bill each month? You are no different than millions of other consumers.
It's hard to fathom, but most consumers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in Texas could pocket almost 70% a year just by comparing rates, but they just feel it's too hard to shop their coverage around.
Big companies like GEICO and Progressive promote their brand names with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to sift through the bull and find the best price available.
It's a great practice to price shop coverage before your next renewal because auto insurance rates are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest premium rates on Ford Focus insurance in Dallas last year the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in one of the best ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Dallas insurance discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might find some hidden discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but a few must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Home Ownership Discount - Simply owning a home can get you a discount because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to study when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system like Allstate's Drivewise could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Resident Student - Youth drivers who are attending college and don't have a car may be able to be covered for less.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren't that lucky. But all discounts will lower the premium cost.
Insurance companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
Before buying, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not be offered in your state. If you would like to view insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Texas, click this link.
Most of the larger companies make it easy to get prices on their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Ford Focus insurance in Dallas can be done by anyone as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information into a form. Upon sending the form, their quoting system sends out for your driving record and credit report and generates a price based on many factors. Using the web to get quotes for Ford Focus insurance in Dallas makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to get many rate quotes if you want to find lower-cost rates.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, check out the insurance providers below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This way, you will be getting a fair comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Dallas, TX. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in Texas, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$292||$496||$500||$30||$150||$1,468||$122|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$512||$430||$26||$128||$1,316||$110|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$538||$392||$24||$118||$1,306||$109|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$156||$422||$462||$28||$138||$1,206||$101|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$282||$684||$452||$26||$136||$1,580||$132|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$226||$486||$404||$24||$122||$1,262||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in Dallas location which can impact coverage prices substantially.
Auto insurance rates based on gender in Dallas
The diagram below shows the difference between Ford Focus yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The example below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can increase Ford Focus premium costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
What Determines Ford Focus Insurance Rates?
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. When you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are used when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but some are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The factors shown below are some of the factors companies use to determine your rates.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle - The more miles you rack up on your Ford every year the more you will pay for car insurance. A lot of companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. A policy that improperly rates your Focus may be costing you. It's a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet shows how each vehicle is driven.
- Lower premiums with alarm systems - Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Car insurance policy lapses increase car insurance rates - Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse can be a quick way to bump up your car insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Eliminate unneeded add-on coverages - There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that you can buy if you don't pay attention. Insurance for roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
- Insurance rates for married couples - Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums compared to being single. Having a significant other translates into being more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy.
- More stress means more cost - Occupational choices like fire fighters, architects and medical professionals tend to have the highest rates attributed to intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, professions such as professors, engineers and performers have lower than average premiums.
- Ford Focus statistical loss data - Insurers use past insurance losses to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Models that tend to have increased losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below outlines the historical loss data for Ford Focus vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probablilty for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Ford Focus Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Focus 106 98 90 103 109 111 Ford Focus Electric 87 85 66
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying auto insurance from Dallas insurance agencies
Many drivers would prefer to have an agent's advice and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Dallas that give free quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to you instantly. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Dallas?
- When do they do a full risk review?
When searching for a good Dallas insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance agents can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Dallas that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent. When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Dallas willing to provide price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Comparable Insurance Agency Inc
9750 Walnut St Ste 106 - Dallas, TX 75243 - (214) 575-2750 - View Map
Buying the right Focus insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Focus in Dallas, buying car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford Focus has a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Ford but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Compare but don't skimp
Lower-priced insurance in Dallas can be bought both online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to lower your Ford Focus insurance premium rates in Dallas. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. They often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Additional information can be read at these links: