Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for cheaper Honda CR-V insurance in Houston? I can't think of anyone who likes buying insurance, particularly when the price is too high.
Unfortunately, the vast majority of Texas insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they think it's difficult to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes. Big companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO continually hit you with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to avoid their marketing magic and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It's a good habit to do rate comparisons quite often because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the best quotes on Honda CR-V insurance in Houston last year a different company probably has better rates today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we're going to demonstrate the only way to buy cheaper Honda CR-V insurance in Houston.
Lower-cost Houston auto insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies do not list all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details some of the best known as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Houston auto insurance online.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Government Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Houston auto insurance but check with your company.
- Drive Safe and Save - Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Houston auto insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Low annual miles can qualify you for substantially lower auto insurance rates.
- Discount for Good Grades - A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of your policy.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, daytime running lights, air bags, driver training, and federal employee.
- USAA offers discounts for family discount, vehicle storage, good student, new vehicle, and loyalty savings.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and good student.
- American Family may offer discounts for good driver, good student, bundled insurance, early bird, and multi-vehicle.
- Esurance may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, Pac-12 alumni, good driver, online shopper, Switch & Save, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include business and professional, youthful driver, early shopping, switch companies, good student, and mature driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, passive restraint, student away at school, good driver, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not be available in Houston. To locate companies with discount auto insurance rates in Houston, follow this link.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Houston, TX. To locate the best auto insurance in Texas, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$176||$316||$438||$26||$130||$1,086||$91|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$180||$256||$424||$26||$128||$1,014||$85|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$122||$212||$304||$18||$92||$748||$62|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$156||$252||$340||$20||$102||$870||$73|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$256||$414||$310||$18||$94||$1,092||$91|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$156||$252||$340||$20||$102||$870||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in Houston location which can raise or lower insurance rates substantially.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can impact Honda CR-V yearly insurance costs for each age group. Data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance rates by age and gender
The diagram below shows the difference between Honda CR-V auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When do I need an agent's advice?
When it comes to buying coverage, there really isn't a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's situation is unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Honda CR-V is totaled?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Can good grades get a discount?
If you can't answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Local insurance agents
A small number of people still like to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Houston?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
If you want a good Houston insurance agent, there are two different agency structures that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Houston can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can sell affordable car insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Houston willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and you don't have to do anything. When comparison shopping, you should always compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Houston that are able to give price quote information.
One last thing about your coverage
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to find lower-cost Honda CR-V insurance in Houston. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
When shopping online for car insurance, make sure you don't buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Laredo, Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Texas Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uninsured Drivers in Texas? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Beaumont, TX? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Texas? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in El Paso, Texas? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)