Searching for cheaper Porsche Cayenne insurance in Houston? Did budget coverage turn out to be an expensive insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you you're not the only one.
Unthinkable but true, 70% of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in Houston could save about 70% every year just by shopping around, but they don't believe the large savings they would see if they replace their high priced policy.
Drivers have so many auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it's a good thing to have a selection, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare rates for Porsche Cayenne insurance in Houston.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Houston can really be easy if you know what you're doing. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using the concepts covered in this article. But Texas vehicle owners should learn how big insurance companies charge you for coverage and apply this information to your search.
When comparison shopping, making a lot of price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding a better price. Some companies don't provide rate quotes online, so it's important to also get price quotes from those companies as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Texas. To buy the best car insurance in TX, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cayenne S Transyberia||$276||$534||$382||$22||$114||$1,328||$111|
|Cayenne GTS PD Edition 3||$298||$590||$382||$22||$114||$1,406||$117|
|Cayenne Turbo S||$288||$596||$366||$22||$110||$1,382||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Houston which can raise or lower prices greatly.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Houston
The chart below illustrates the difference between Porsche Cayenne insurance costs with full phyical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no exact rule of when to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Porsche Cayenne replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Cheaper rates with these discounts on Porsche Cayenne insurance in Houston
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Save with a New Car - Insuring a new Cayenne may earn a small discount because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Organization Discounts - Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Auto/Life Discount - Select companies reward you with a lower price if you buy a life policy as well.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of up to 25% or more.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like it's possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- 21st Century has discounts for defensive driver, theft prevention, good student, driver training, air bags, 55 and older, and student driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, and good student.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, good student, anti-theft, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for business or organization, accident-free, multi-policy, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, and defensive driving.
- Esurance offers discounts including DriveSense, renters, claim free, online shopper, defensive driver, and Switch & Save.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, driver training, bundle, good student, and air bag.
It's a good idea to ask every company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in every state. To see providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Houston, click here.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Porsche Cayenne in Houston, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the lender will be forced to insure your Porsche for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Porsche as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Texas is overpaying more than $810 a year so it's recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a "best" method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and your auto insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Does my Porsche Cayenne qualify for pleasure use?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Texas?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
When should I contact an insurance agent?
Certain consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Houston that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How are they compensated?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is there a local claims center in Houston?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?