When trying to find more affordable insurance, are you confused by the dozens of insurance providers available to you? There are such a vast assortment of providers available that it can easily turn into a difficult situation to find the lowest price for Nissan Altima insurance in Austin. If you've ever been there, you know that Austin is the perfect city to reside in, but having to pay for pricey insurance can make it nearly impossible to afford.
It's shocking but almost 70% of insureds have bought insurance from the same company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Drivers in Austin could save as much as $1,770 every year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Austin can be made easier if you know where to look. If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to lower your rates using the concepts covered in this article. Although Texas vehicle owners do need to know the way insurance companies charge you for coverage and take advantage of how the system works.
Companies offering Nissan Altima insurance in Austin
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Texas. If you want cheap auto insurance in Texas, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$412||$430||$26||$128||$1,202||$100|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$256||$594||$366||$22||$110||$1,348||$112|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$332||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,434||$120|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$368||$720||$582||$34||$174||$1,878||$157|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$176||$360||$400||$24||$120||$1,080||$90|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$318||$788||$486||$28||$146||$1,766||$147|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can influence premium rates considerably.
How high should deductibles be?
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can affect Nissan Altima insurance costs for different age categories. The prices are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The illustration below shows the difference between Nissan Altima insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can impact Nissan Altima insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help calculate auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower rates.
- Driving citations increase prices - A bad driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers with clean records get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Even one citation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who have received license-revoking violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Getting married can lower premiums - Having a significant other may cut your premiums when buying auto insurance. It may mean you are more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- How credit score affects auto insurance premiums - Having a bad credit rating can be an important factor in determining your rates. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have worse credit. If your credit history is low, you could be paying less to insure your Nissan Altima if you clean up your credit.
- Insurance rates are higher for high performance vehicles - The performance of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest rates are generally reserved for low performance passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Because the Nissan Altima falls in the sedan class, insuring your vehicle will cost about the same than the average rate where you live in Austin.
- Cheaper rates with high coverage deductibles - The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you're willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Drive lots and pay more - The more miles you rack up on your Nissan in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It's always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet properly reflects annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your Altima may be costing you higher rates.
- Nissan Altima claim probability - Insurers factor in insurance loss information when setting rates for each model. Models that statistically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates. The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Nissan Altima vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Values under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
Nissan Altima Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Altima 110 97 119 144 147 114
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts on Nissan Altima insurance in Austin?
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Organization Discounts - Belonging to a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next auto insurance statement.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a new policy before your current Altima insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Life Insurance - Select auto insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Accident Free - Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Putting auto insurance coverage on a new Altima may earn a small discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Homeowners Savings - Just owning your own home can save you money since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
Don't be surprised that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn't make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will lower your policy premiums.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, air bag, driver training, good student, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for professional/association, ease of repair, location of vehicle, annual mileage, and low natural disaster claims.
- GEICO discounts include five-year accident-free, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, driver training, and air bags.
- AAA may offer discounts for good student, education and occupation, pay-in-full, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
- State Farm may have discounts that include passive restraint, driver's education, defensive driving training, multiple policy, and multiple autos.
When quoting, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. To locate providers that offer the discounts shown above in Austin, click here.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking a insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
Auto insurance agents in Austin come in two varieties
When searching for a reliable agent, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agencies in Austin may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are trained well on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name rather than low rates.
Listed below are Austin exclusive agencies who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Brandy Whiteside - State Farm Insurance Agent
3601 W William Cannon Dr #100 - Austin, TX 78749 - (512) 892-5542 - View Map
- State Farm: Charlie Anderson
12710 Research Blvd #210 - Austin, TX 78759 - (512) 258-2231 - View Map
- Dick Cohalla - State Farm Insurance Agent
10711 Burnet Rd #102 - Austin, TX 78758 - (512) 837-4210 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies through many companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. A lot of them also have access to smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Austin that can give you price quote information.
- E-Z Insurance - South
4011 S 1st St - Austin, TX 78745 - (512) 443-9700 - View Map
- Higginbotham/William Gammon Insurance
1221 S MoPac Expy - Austin, TX 78746 - (512) 477-6745 - View Map
- Southwest Insurance Center
3105 W Slaughter Ln - Austin, TX 78748 - (512) 280-6100 - View Map
In the end, you can save money
When trying to cut insurance costs, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an insured dropped collision coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price.
Low-cost Nissan Altima insurance in Austin can be sourced both online and with local Austin insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not provide online rate quotes and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims and poor customer service. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a new auto insurance company can be easier than you think.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Single Moms in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Texas? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Texas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Texas? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Pasadena, Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Texas Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)