Want to learn how to save money and find low-cost auto insurance rates in Houston, TX? Houston shoppers have options when shopping for low-cost Dodge Avenger insurance. You can either spend your time calling around to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance and we'll show you the proper way to get price quotes for your Dodge and get the lowest possible price.
You should make it a habit to quote other rates before your policy renews since prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest quotes on Dodge Avenger insurance in Houston on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. You can find a lot of information about Avenger insurance online but we're going to give you some great ways to put money back in your pocket.
If you're already insured or are shopping for new coverage, take advantage of these tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing coverage. These tips will help educate you on how insurance works. Shoppers only need an understanding of the proper way to compare rate quotes instantly.
Companies offering Dodge Avenger insurance in Houston
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Houston, TX. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Houston, we suggest you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower premiums substantially.
Auto insurance premiums by gender
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Avenger premium costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you raise deductibles?
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can impact Dodge Avenger insurance rates for different age groups. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Lower-cost Dodge Avenger insurance quotes in Houston
Some insurers don't list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Houston car insurance online. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving fewer miles can qualify you for better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Claim Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few larger companies offer discounts for signing up before your current Avenger insurance policy expires. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive permit an accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don't have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Multiple Vehicles - Drivers who insure multiple cars on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Federal Government Employee - Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with a few car insurance companies.
- Membership in Organizations - Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Houston can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Home Ownership Discount - Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
Companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, good driver, safe vehicle, student away at school, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for early shopping, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, pay in full, and homeowner.
- GEICO offers discounts for defensive driver, driver training, federal employee, multi-vehicle, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- American Family has discounts for good student, early bird, TimeAway discount, good driver, mySafetyValet, and bundled insurance.
- Nationwide may include discounts for business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, family plan, and accident-free.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online quote discount.
If you are trying to find affordable Dodge Avenger insurance quotes, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not apply in every state. To see a list of companies that offer some of these discounts in Houston, click this link.
Do I need special coverages?
When selecting adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- What is the minimum liability in Texas?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- What if I total my Dodge Avenger and owe more than it's worth?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Local agents and car insurance
Many drivers just want to buy from a local agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Houston who will give competitive quotes to get your business. There is no reason to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Houston?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
When finding a good Houston insurance agent, it's helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents in Houston are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the differences since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company's products which can be an advantage. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Houston who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Brandon Herndon - State Farm Insurance Agent
10103 Fondren Rd #150 - Houston, TX 77096 - (832) 431-4222 - View Map
- Anna Santa Ana - State Farm Insurance Agent
7710 Cherry Park Dr d - Houston, TX 77095 - (281) 550-0333 - View Map
- State Farm: Jack Wallace
3405 Mercer St - Houston, TX 77027 - (713) 626-7500 - View Map
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to find a new agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with small mutual carriers who may have lower rates.
Shown below are Houston independent agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Jason Jimenez Insurance Agency
8323 Southwest Fwy #390 - Houston, TX 77074 - (713) 270-0073 - View Map
- Noveri Insurance Agency
2657 Gessner Rd - Houston, TX 77080 - (713) 460-9400 - View Map
- Allrisc Insurance Agency
6918 Corporate Dr - Houston, TX 77036 - (713) 771-6000 - View Map
Don't give up on affordable rates
When you buy Houston car insurance online, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage and learned later they didn't have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to find lower-cost Dodge Avenger insurance in Houston. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Houston car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests, not issuing a premium refund and high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies can be less work than you think.
Additional auto insurance information is located at the links below
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Texas Car Insurance Rates for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)