How long has it been since the last time you looked for more affordable auto insurance rates in San Antonio, TX? San Antonio consumers have options when looking for the lowest priced Buick LaCrosse insurance. You can either waste hours calling around getting price quotes or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance so you're going to learn the proper way to get price quotes for your Buick and get the cheapest rates either online or from San Antonio insurance agents.
Statistics show that the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. With the average auto insurance premium being $2,679, San Antonio drivers could save up to $1,766 each year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons every six months since prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the lowest rates on Buick LaCrosse insurance in San Antonio a year ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. There is too much inaccurate information about LaCrosse insurance online, but in a few minutes you can learn some proven techniques to stop overpaying for insurance in San Antonio.
Our goal is to introduce you to how car insurance companies work and some tips to save money. If you are already insured, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using the ideas you're about to read. Comparison shoppers just need to learn the most effective way to compare rates instantly.
Best companies for Buick LaCrosse insurance
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in San Antonio, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lacrosse CXL AWD||$356||$788||$422||$24||$126||$1,716||$143|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise auto insurance rates noticeably.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The illustration below compares Buick LaCrosse car insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Careless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and accidents can increase Buick LaCrosse premium costs for each age group. Data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Buick LaCrosse insurance premiums for different insured age categories. The prices are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Lower-cost Buick LaCrosse insurance in San Antonio
Auto insurance companies don't necessarily list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Buy New and Save - Buying insurance on a new vehicle is cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Life Insurance Discount - Larger insurance carriers have better insurance rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to study driving habits by using a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current LaCrosse insurance policy expiration. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on LaCrosse insurance in San Antonio.
- Federal Government Employee - Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote San Antonio auto insurance depending on your company.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way. But all discounts will definitely lower your policy cost.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, and good student.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for drive less, safe driver, anti-theft, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, and multi-car.
- American Family has savings for accident-free, good student, TimeAway discount, early bird, and good driver.
- MetLife has discounts for good student, accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, and defensive driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, daytime running lights, good student, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, bundle, good student, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
When getting free San Antonio auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered everywhere. To see a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Five Things That Affect Your Insurance Prices
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- High credit scores equal low rates - Credit rating is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit history is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Buick LaCrosse if you improve your credit rating. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance prices - The type of vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The best insurance prices are usually found on lower cost passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Since the Buick LaCrosse is classified as a passenger car, insurance will be similar in price or lower compared to average rates in San Antonio.
- Never let your policy lapse - Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a guaranteed way to increase your rates. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Females tend to be lower risk - Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn't mean men are worse drivers. Women and men are in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Cheaper auto insurance rates with safer cars - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
- Insurance loss statistics a Buick LaCrosse - Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for coverage.
The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Buick LaCrosse vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Buick LaCrosse Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick LaCrosse 2WD 96 85 93 100 109 92 Buick LaCrosse 4WD 101 92 113
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Texas?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Exclusive and independent car insurance agents
Some consumers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Licensed agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheaper car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is especially important in San Antonio.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in San Antonio that provide free San Antonio auto insurance quotes for your business. You won't even need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
When researching a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can sell and service insurance coverage, but it's worth mentioning the differences since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in San Antonio that can give you free rate quotes.
- A and A Insurance Agency
1317 Castroville Rd - San Antonio, TX 78237 - (210) 434-2311 - View Map
- San Antonio Insurance Agency
1100 NE Interstate 410 Loop - San Antonio, TX 78209 - (210) 822-2590 - View Map
- Atlas Insurance Agency,Inc
1954 SW Military Dr - San Antonio, TX 78221 - (210) 927-2277 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company's rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in San Antonio willing to provide price quote information.
- Jacqui Lugar - State Farm Insurance Agent
1248 Austin Hwy Ste. 202 - San Antonio, TX 78209 - (210) 822-2121 - View Map
- Donnie Britt - State Farm Insurance Agent
6324 NW Loop 410 - San Antonio, TX 78238 - (210) 647-1174 - View Map
- Ryan Meier - State Farm Insurance Agent
8015 Bandera Rd #102 - San Antonio, TX 78250 - (210) 680-6557 - View Map
Finding a good insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is the agency active in community causes in San Antonio?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How long have they been in business?
Once you have good responses to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles.
Compare but don't skimp
You just learned a lot of information how to reduce Buick LaCrosse insurance premium rates online in San Antonio. The key thing to remember is the more you quote San Antonio auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive San Antonio auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Cheaper Buick LaCrosse insurance in San Antonio is available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote San Antonio auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some companies may not offer rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Texas Car Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Texas? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Houston, Texas? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Brownsville, Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Texas? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)