Want to save money and find lower-priced Lincoln MKS insurance in San Antonio? Did you come to the realization that you have an expensive insurance policy? You're in good company because there are lots of San Antonio residents who feel the same.
Sadly, over 70% of Texas drivers have remained with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never shopped around. American drivers could save nearly 46.5% a year, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they bought a different policy. With so many choices of insurance companies that have cheaper insurance for a Lincoln MKS in San Antonio, it can be hard to choose the most affordable insurance company.
It's a great practice to check insurance prices occasionally because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best rates on Lincoln MKS insurance in San Antonio last year there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're going to learn the proper way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in San Antonio is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you're already insured, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using the concepts you're about to learn. Consumers only have to learn the most effective way to quote multiple rates online from multiple companies.
Reducing your insurance rates can be quick and easy. The only thing you need to do is invest a little time getting comparison quotes to discover which company has cheaper San Antonio car insurance quotes.
Comparing free rates online is easy and it, makes it obsolete to actually drive to insurance agencies in your area. Doing it all online has reduced the need for local agents unless your situation requires the professional assistance only provided by licensed San Antonio agents. Some companies do allow you to find lower rates online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in San Antonio, TX. To buy cheap car insurance in Texas, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKS AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$572||$310||$18||$94||$1,282||$107|
|MKS 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$666||$304||$18||$92||$1,398||$117|
|MKS Ecoboost AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$216||$470||$366||$22||$110||$1,184||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in your specific San Antonio location which can raise or lower prices considerably.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below shows the comparison of Lincoln MKS insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive guideline that is best for determining when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Lincoln MKS book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $300 a year for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
Verify you're receiving every discount
Companies offering auto insurance don't always list every disount available very clearly, so below is a list some of the best known and the more hidden ways to save on insurance.
- Safety Course Discount - Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Discount for Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Professional Memberships - Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount when getting a San Antonio car insurance quote.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars with anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Government Employee Discount - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with some insurance companies.
- Early Switch Discount - Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current MKS insurance policy expiration. It could save around 10% when you buy San Antonio car insurance online.
- Online Discount - A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up digitally online.
- Good Driver Discounts - Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not really a discount, but some insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA includes discounts for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good driver, anti-theft, multi-car, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for multi-car, distant student, switch companies, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, and youthful driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, air bags, federal employee, seat belt use, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Esurance has savings for Pac-12 alumni, anti-lock brakes, safety device, multi-policy, and online shopper.
- SAFECO offers discounts including drive less, homeowner, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, good driver, multiple autos, good student, multiple policy, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
Double check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered on policies in San Antonio.
Five factors that influence insurance prices
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you big savings.
- Optional features impact rates - Driving a car with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems like GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
- Never let your coverage expire - Driving without insurance coverage in place is not a good idea and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in fines and jail time. You could then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Liability insurance claims can be big - The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you if ever you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Lower miles driven equals lower premium - The more you drive annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. Verify your car insurance policy is rated on the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money. Improper usage on your MKS can result in significantly higher rates.
- Lower rates come with age - Teen drivers in Texas are proven to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- Lincoln MKS statistical loss data - Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles when they file their rates in each state. Models that the data shows to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Lincoln MKS vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Lincoln MKS Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKS 4dr 2WD 121 90 140 78 103 Lincoln MKS 4dr 4WD 135 89 204 89 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost 4dr 4WD 139 93 153 87
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance is available from agents near you
A lot of people prefer to go talk to an agent. Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is transmitted to participating agents in San Antonio who will give you quotes to get your business. You won't even need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on a provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
If you receive reasonable responses and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found an provider that is reliable enough to provide insurance coverage.
Auto insurance can be complex
When quoting and comparing your policy, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions might help in determining if you might need an agent's assistance.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Lincoln MKS?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Affordable car insurance premiums are out there
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheap Lincoln MKS insurance in San Antonio can be sourced from both online companies as well as from independent agents in San Antonio, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies don't offer price quotes online and these regional carriers work with independent agencies.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Texas Auto Insurance for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Homeowners in Texas? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)