Are you tired of trying to find the cheapest car insurance rates in Weslaco, TX? Pricey car insurance in Weslaco can consume your personal savings and require stricter spending habits. Shopping your coverage around can be a smart way to tighten up your finances.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. The average driver in Weslaco could save nearly 70% every year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't understand the actual amount they would save if they changed companies.
Due to the abundance of different company options, it's difficult to locate the most cost effective car insurance provider.
The goal of this article is to teach you the best methods to compare rates and also save some money in the process If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using the techniques presented in this article. Although Texas drivers must learn the methods companies use to determine premium rates because rates are impacted by many factors.
Affordable car insurance companies in Weslaco
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Weslaco, TX. In order to find the best auto insurance in Texas, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$1,076||$538||$90|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$1,090||$545||$91|
|Ford Edge Limited AWD||$1,370||$685||$114|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,080||$540||$90|
|Ford Explorer XLT AWD||$936||$468||$78|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$1,216||$608||$101|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,546||$773||$129|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,174||$587||$98|
|Honda Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$980||$490||$82|
|Hyundai Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,328||$664||$111|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,442||$721||$120|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,276||$638||$106|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,404||$702||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can revise rates substantially.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper Weslaco auto insurance rates
The example below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions can influence Honda Civic auto insurance rates for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Discounts can help save money on insurance
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there's a good chance there are discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but some must be asked for before they will apply. If they aren't giving you every credit available, you're paying more than you need to.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- No Accidents - Claim-free drivers have much lower rates in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a slight reduction on a Weslaco car insurance quote.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Having more than one vehicle with the same insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident before raising your premiums as long as you don't have any claims for a set time period.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Have your child participate in a local driver's education class if offered at their school.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Larger insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, pay in full, early shopping, and mature driver.
- Esurance offers discounts including online shopper, multi-policy, claim free, multi-car, safety device, defensive driver, and good student.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, passive restraint, good student, and multiple autos.
- GEICO may offer discounts for defensive driver, good student, daytime running lights, military active duty, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, and membership and employees.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including FullPay discount, new car, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, premier plus, and good payer.
Before buying, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Some discounts might not be offered in every state. To choose insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, click here to view.
Will just any policy work for me?
When quoting and choosing a policy, there really isn't a "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's needs are different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Is my vehicle covered for smoke damage?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Texas?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Ads can be misleading
Big name companies like Allstate and Progressive regularly use television and radio advertisements. They all seem to advertise the message that drivers will save a bundle if you switch your coverage. That's great but how can every company offer drivers better rates?
Most companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of customer that makes them money. For instance, this type of insured could be a married female, has no tickets, and drives a safe vehicle. A customer who fits that profile will most likely get cheap car insurance rates and will also save a lot of money.
Insureds who are not a match for the "perfect" profile will probably be forced to pay more expensive rates and business not being written. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "customers who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save that kind of money. That's why insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
Because of these techniques, you really need to do a rate comparison at every renewal. Because you never know which company will have the best prices for your profile.
Cheaper auto insurance prices are available
Low-cost auto insurance in Weslaco is available on the web and with local Weslaco insurance agents, so get free Weslaco car insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don't offer rates over the internet and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
We just presented many ways to compare auto insurance prices in Weslaco. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with a small mutual company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
To read more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Texas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Texas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Texas Car Insurance for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)