How many years has it been since you compared low-cost insurance rates in Edinburg, TX? Edinburg shoppers have options when shopping for low-cost car insurance. You can either waste hours calling around getting price quotes or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance rates and we'll show you the proper way to quote coverages on a and get the cheapest rates.
We hope to teach you a little about the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and some money-saving tips. If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas covered in this article. Smart buyers just have to understand the best way to buy car insurance from many different companies.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Texas. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Texas, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$884||$442||$74|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Ford Edge SEL AWD||$1,026||$513||$86|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,026||$513||$86|
|Ford F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$1,490||$745||$124|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,000||$500||$83|
|Ford Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,626||$813||$136|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,380||$690||$115|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$1,016||$508||$85|
|Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,610||$805||$134|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$1,704||$852||$142|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$1,466||$733||$122|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,434||$717||$120|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,228||$614||$102|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$1,224||$612||$102|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,442||$721||$120|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in specific location information which can revise premium rates substantially.
Edinburg insurance costs by age and gender
The chart below visualizes the comparison of insurance rates for male and female drivers in Edinburg. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium on a Kia Optima EX.
Kia Optima rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Lower rate quotes on auto insurance with these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount in a way that's easy to find, so the next list breaks down both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious auto insurance savings.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver's education in school.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Pay Early and Save - By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Paperless Signup - A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Distant College Student Discount - Older children who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Military Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less may allow you to get lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Accident Waiver - This one isn't a discount, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven't had any claims for a set time period.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can combine your home and auto policy and insure them with the same company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some larger companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
To see a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Texas, click here to view.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Texas
Even though rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $700 annually so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
When to get professional advice
When buying the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance agents near you
Many people would rather buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important particularly in Edinburg.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Edinburg who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Insurance agent types
When researching a reputable agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents in Edinburg are either independent or exclusive. Either one can write car insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand the difference between them because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to find a new agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to compare prices from independent agents to maximize your price options. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company's rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Finding the right car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Edinburg should know the answers to these questions.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Who are their largest clients?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?