Want to learn how to find more competitive car insurance rates in Coppell, TX? Drivers who are new to comparing insurance coverage prices on the web are likely to find buying affordable Coppell auto insurance to be a formidable task.
Amazingly, the vast majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Texas insurance shoppers can save as much as $1,800 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't invest the time required to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
It's a good idea to do rate comparisons before your policy renews because car insurance prices change frequently. Just because you had the lowest rates on car insurance on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you're about to learn the fastest way to find better coverage on car insurance at a better price.
If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to find better prices using the ideas you're about to read. The purpose of this article is to introduce you to the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and how you can save the most money. Nevertheless, Texas drivers must learn how the larger insurance companies calculate your car insurance rates because it can help you find the best coverage.
Why your price might be higher
Many things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the major factors car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Avoid tickets and save - Attentive drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Having just one citation can bump up the cost to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state in order to continue driving.
- Car insurance policy lapses increase prices - Not maintaining insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Do thieves like your car? - Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Safer cars lower prices - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If your car, truck, or SUV earned at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may pay a lower rate.
The majority of larger companies give prices online. Getting online quotes is quite easy as you just type in your personal and coverage information on the page. After the form is submitted, the system collects reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote determined by many factors.
Being able to quote online makes it simple to compare prices and it is important to get many rate quotes in order to get cheap insurance pricing.
In order to compare pricing, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will get a fair comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Coppell, TX. To find the cheapest car insurance in Texas, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 2WD||$1,460||$730||$122|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$1,108||$554||$92|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$1,432||$716||$119|
|Ford Edge Limited AWD||$1,064||$532||$89|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$1,064||$532||$89|
|Ford F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,552||$776||$129|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,254||$627||$105|
|Ford Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,466||$733||$122|
|GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$1,466||$733||$122|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,230||$615||$103|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$1,096||$548||$91|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,122||$561||$94|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$1,120||$560||$93|
|Kia Optima EX||$1,292||$646||$108|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,084||$542||$90|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,264||$632||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can impact coverage rates significantly.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The illustration below examines Honda Civic yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no definitive formula of when to eliminate physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Honda Civic claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $700 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Insurance advertising tricks
Big name companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO endlessly run ads in print and on television. All the ads make the same claim that drivers will save a bundle if you switch your coverage. How does each company have lower policy pricing? It's all in the wording.
Most companies quote the lowest rates for a prospective insured that will not have excessive claims. A good example of a profitable risk profile might be described as over age 30, carries full coverage, and does not commute to work. A customer who matches those parameters receives the best rates in Coppell and have a good chance to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who are not a match for this ideal profile may receive higher rates which usually ends up with the customer buying from someone else. If you listen closely, the ads state "drivers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" can get the lowest rates when switching. That's the way companies can make those statements. That is why it is so important to get as many free Coppell auto insurance quotes as possible. Because you never know the company that will have the lowest rate quotes.
Car insurance in Texas serves several purposes
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Coppell, maintaining insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will require that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the bank may buy a policy for your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $750 every year so compare rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but some need to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Distant Student - Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Coppell and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Multiple Cars - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Accident Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison with bad drivers.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for reduced rates.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you low cost Coppell auto insurance.
- Military Rewards - Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings up to 30%.
- Drive Less and Save - Maintaining low annual mileage can earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
It's important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way.
The best auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, accident-free, driver's education, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, and online quote discount.
- MetLife includes discounts for multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, good student, and accident-free.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include 55 and retired, renewal discount, safe driver, driver training, youthful driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, driver training, and air bags.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, safe driver, accident prevention training, and homeowner.
Double check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in your area.
Local insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
By using this short form, your coverage information is emailed to companies in Coppell who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. It's the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an company should depend on more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Coppell?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
When looking for a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they work. Auto insurance agents in Coppell may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand and solid financial strength.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent. If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to contact independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with mutual insurance companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
More comparisons equals cheap rates
As you shop your coverage around, it's a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims and even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Cost effective car insurance can be bought from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Coppell auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.