How long has it been since you compared low-cost car insurance rates in Belton, TX? Pretty sure you bought an overpriced car insurance policy? You're in good company because there are a lot of people in Belton just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy.
Remarkably, a study showed that over 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in Belton could save an average of almost 70% each year by just comparing quotes, but most just don't grasp the big savings they would realize if they switched.
Consumers have multiple insurers to purchase coverage from, and although it's a good thing to have multiple companies, it makes it harder to find the lowest cost provider.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing more rates from different companies will increase your chances of finding the best rates.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Belton, TX. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in Texas, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,116||$558||$93|
|Chevrolet Equinox LT 2WD||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,518||$759||$127|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$1,380||$690||$115|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,118||$559||$93|
|Ford Explorer Limited 2WD||$1,388||$694||$116|
|Ford F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$972||$486||$81|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,406||$703||$117|
|Ford Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,214||$607||$101|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,376||$688||$115|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$978||$489||$82|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$1,330||$665||$111|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L||$1,264||$632||$105|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$952||$476||$79|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,282||$641||$107|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,744||$872||$145|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 2WD||$1,300||$650||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific Belton garaging location which can alter insurance rates greatly.
Physical damage deductibles
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Ford F-150 insurance premiums for each different age category. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Ford F-150 rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates in Belton
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and accident claims can influence Toyota Camry annual premium costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
A question often asked by Belton drivers is where to set your physical damage deductibles. The tables below may help you to understand the costs and benefits between high and low insurance deductibles. The first table uses a $100 deductible for physical damage and the second rate chart uses a $500 deductible.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$328||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,463||$122|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,611||$134|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$804||$476||$28||$142||$1,845||$154|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,611||$134|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,611||$134|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$412||$804||$382||$22||$114||$1,759||$147|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$412||$804||$382||$22||$114||$1,759||$147|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$240||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,158||$97|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,260||$105|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$542||$476||$28||$142||$1,458||$122|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,260||$105|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,260||$105|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$300||$542||$382||$22||$114||$1,360||$113|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$300||$542||$382||$22||$114||$1,360||$113|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Belton location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates substantially.
We can estimate from the data above that using a $100 deductible will cost you roughly $30 more each month or $360 each year than choosing the higher $500 deductible. Because you would be required to pay $400 more to settle a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you normally average at a minimum 13 months between claim filings, you would probably come out ahead if you choose a higher deductible.
Insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the high insurance cost in Belton, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Belton is overpaying more than $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Four ways to find auto insurance more affordably in Belton
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in cheaper rates.
Never go without auto insurance - Driving without insurance is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas DMV.
More than one policy can earn a discount - Many insurance companies provide a discount to people that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, it's in your best interest to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Do you really need the extra coverages? - There are many add-on coverages that can add up if you aren't careful. Insurance for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
Careless drivers pay higher premiums - How you drive influences premium rates substantially. Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Even a single citation may cause rates to rise to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who have received severe violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
Score discounts on Belton insurance
Some providers don't list every available discount very clearly, so the below list has some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Allstate and GEICO will let one accident slide before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Good Students Pay Less - This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Membership in Organizations - Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on insurance.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give lower insurance rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
You should keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Popular insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO offers discounts for driver training, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, and federal employee.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for multi-car, bundle discounts, homeowner, drive less, accident prevention training, and teen safety rewards.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, passive restraint, student away at school, multiple autos, defensive driving training, driver's education, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- MetLife discounts include multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, good student, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for good student, 55 and older, theft prevention, early bird, homeowners, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online signing.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Savings might not be offered in Belton. To find insurance companies who offer discounts in Texas, click this link.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When selecting insurance from an agent or online, there is no one size fits all plan. Every insured's situation is different and your car insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Belton car insurance agent
Some people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. And supporting local agencies is definitely important in Belton.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won't need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Belton for you
When researching a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always compare quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company's prices like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Choosing the best auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Where are claims handled?
A little work can save a LOT of money
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on auto insurance in Belton. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding cheap Belton auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
When getting Belton auto insurance quotes online, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured cut liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Cost effective auto insurance is attainable from both online companies and with local Belton insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agents.
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Texas Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Irving, Texas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Texas Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Malibu in Texas? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)