How many years has it been since you compared lower-priced auto insurance rates in Farmers Branch, TX? Farmers Branch buyers have many options when searching for the lowest priced car insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents getting price quotes or utilize the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates so we're going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes on a and obtain the best price possible.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Farmers Branch is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you currently have auto insurance, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas you're about to read. Vehicle owners just have to understand the quickest method to compare prices from many different companies.
Cheaper Farmers Branch car insurance quotes with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize all their discounts very clearly, so below is a list some of the best known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Claim Free - Claim-free drivers have much lower rates compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car instead of a used car can save up to 30% since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more.
- Farmers Branch Homeowners Discount - Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Professional Memberships - Being a member of a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance.
- Active Military Service - Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- ABS Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will let one accident slide without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn't make money that way. But all discounts should help reduce your policy cost.
For a list of companies who offer discounts in Texas, follow this link.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Farmers Branch, TX. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Texas, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 4WD||$850||$425||$71|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SXT||$1,034||$517||$86|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$1,112||$556||$93|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,264||$632||$105|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$1,208||$604||$101|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,444||$722||$120|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$886||$443||$74|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$1,014||$507||$85|
|Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,396||$698||$116|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,084||$542||$90|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,100||$550||$92|
|Nissan Rogue SL AWD||$1,328||$664||$111|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,616||$808||$135|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,092||$546||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in specific Farmers Branch garaging location which can raise or lower coverage rates greatly.
Liability-only rates compared to full coverage
The information below shows the comparison of Chevrolet Silverado auto insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Silverado rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no definitive guideline of when to phase out full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's pretend your Chevrolet Silverado settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $800 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Auto insurance premiums based on gender
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers in Farmers Branch. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium on a Ford Focus SES.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
How to lower your insurance rates
Many factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other factors are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
Shown below are some of the items used by companies to determine your prices.
- Getting married can lower prices - Having a spouse may save some money on your policy. Marriage translates into being less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Never let your insurance expire - Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a quick way to pay more for insurance. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage could earn you a license revocation or jail time. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Liability protection limits on your policy - Your policy's liability coverage provides coverage in the event that a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Avoid tickets and save - Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Good drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Even a single driving citation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. People who have serious violations such as DUI or reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state's licensing department in order to continue driving.
- Experienced drivers pay less - Teenage drivers in Texas tend to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so insurance rates are higher. Older, more experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
- Cheaper rates by bundling - Most larger insurance companies provide better rates to buyers that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount applied, it's always a smart idea to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Farmers Branch, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Texas is wasting up to $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to save money.
Smart shoppers get results
Some auto insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers sell through independent agents. Cheap auto insurance in Farmers Branch can be purchased from both online companies and with local Farmers Branch insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund, delays in paying claims and even lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, switching companies is actually quite simple.
As you shop your coverage around, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
For more information, take a look at the articles below: