Are you looking for a better way to compare lower-priced insurance rates in Universal City, TX? Having to pay for pricey insurance in Universal City can draw down your savings and make it tough to pay other bills. Comparing price quotes can help to tighten up your finances.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, a large majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. The average driver in Texas could pocket almost $1,800 a year just by comparing rates, but they assume it's a waste of time to do a rate comparison.
Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to get the lowest rate possible on insurance.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the best rates on insurance a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Don't believe everything you read about insurance online but you can learn some proven techniques to stop overpaying for insurance in Universal City.
If you have coverage now, you will surely be able to save money using the techniques presented in this article. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Universal City is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Although Texas drivers must learn the way companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
You have control over your insurance rates
Many different elements are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although some other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is. Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you better insurance rates.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
- Always have insurance - Allowing your coverage to lapse is a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Your credit score is important - Credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your insurance rates. Drivers with high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with poor credit. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your vehicle if you improve your credit rating.
- Vehicle options impact insurance rates - Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart car theft.
- Do you know your comp and collision deductibles? - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The larger the amount you're willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- When should you not file a insurance claims? - Companies in Texas give better rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Marriage can lower rates - Having a significant other may earn you lower rates when buying insurance. It is viewed as being more mature and it's proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Vocation stress can affect prices - Careers like fire fighters, police officers, and financial analysts have the highest average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and long work days. Other professions such as professors, engineers and performers receive lower rates.
- Rates go up with performance - The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The quickest method we recommend to get rate comparisons takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies will pay a fee to give rate comparisons. To get started, all you need to do is give the companies some data including your occupation, marital status, if the car is leased, and types of safety features. That rating data is automatically sent to insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes almost instantly.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Universal City, TX. In order to find the best cheap auto insurance in Texas, it's highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD||$906||$453||$76|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$1,034||$517||$86|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$1,174||$587||$98|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$846||$423||$71|
|Ford F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$1,024||$512||$85|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,116||$558||$93|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$864||$432||$72|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,224||$612||$102|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$1,144||$572||$95|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$952||$476||$79|
|Nissan Rogue SL AWD||$1,254||$627||$105|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,308||$654||$109|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,544||$772||$129|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$1,208||$604||$101|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$1,156||$578||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in Universal City location which can lower or raise premium rates noticeably.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper auto insurance rates
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can influence Chevrolet Malibu car insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Should you raise deductibles?
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Honda Civic insurance costs for different age categories. The premiums assume a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Annual premiums comparing men and women in Universal City
The information below illustrates the difference between premium costs for male and female drivers in Universal City. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied on a Hyundai Elantra Blue.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of insurance, paying for insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle at a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your vehicle more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Texas overpays more than $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Discounts for lower Universal City insurance rates
Some insurance providers do not list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the next list breaks down some of the best known as well as some of the hidden ways to save on insurance. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Defensive Driver - Passing a course in defensive driver could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Payment Discounts - By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Discount for Good Grades - Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less may allow you to get cheaper premium rates.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Select companies give a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
Don't be shocked that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
To see providers offering insurance discounts in Universal City, click here to view.
Quote often and quote early
Cheap insurance in Universal City is definitely available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer rate quotes online and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When getting Universal City car insurance quotes online, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just presented some good ideas how you can find cheaper coverage online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Universal City car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. They may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Texas Auto Insurance for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Texas? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)