Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for more competitive auto insurance rates in Big Spring, TX? Searching for low-cost insurance for a car in Texas could be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks and make it easy.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates so we're going to tell you the proper way to compare rates for a new or used and obtain the cheapest rates.
It's a good idea to get comparison quotes quite often due to the fact that insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best deal on auto insurance on your last policy you can probably find a better premium rate now. There are a lot of ways to save on auto insurance on the web, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn the easiest ways to lower your auto insurance premiums.
Buying the most affordable auto insurance policy in Big Spring is not as confusing as people think. If you have a policy now or just want to reduce your rates, you can use these tips to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage. Drivers just have to learn the most time-saving way to compare different rates online.
Best companies for Texas auto insurance
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Big Spring, TX. To buy cheap car insurance in Texas, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,270||$635||$106|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$1,012||$506||$84|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$1,472||$736||$123|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$992||$496||$83|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$1,022||$511||$85|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,040||$520||$87|
|Ford F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$1,452||$726||$121|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$996||$498||$83|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,144||$572||$95|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$898||$449||$75|
|Honda Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$980||$490||$82|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L||$1,370||$685||$114|
|Hyundai Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$814||$407||$68|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,400||$700||$117|
|Kia Optima EX||$1,368||$684||$114|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,012||$506||$84|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,064||$532||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can revise premium rates substantially.
How much more does full coverage cost in Big Spring?
The information below examines Ford Focus auto insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule to stop buying full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Ford Focus book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Chevrolet Tahoe insurance prices for different age categories. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Age-based car insurance rates by gender
The information below illustrates the comparison of yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers in Big Spring. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration on a Ford Escape XLT.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Responsible Drivers - Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Telematics Discount - Drivers that enable driving data collection to analyze where and when they drive remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking part in a class that teaches driver safety techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning a home in Big Spring can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Driver Education Discount - Teen drivers should enroll in driver's education in high school.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- 55 and Retired - Seniors can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good driver, passive restraint, anti-theft, multiple policy, defensive driving training, driver's education, and accident-free.
- American Family includes discounts for TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, good student, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, good driver, and defensive driver.
- GEICO has savings for driver training, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, federal employee, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century offers discounts including student driver, air bags, teen driver, early bird, defensive driver, 55 and older, and homeowners.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
Before buying, ask every company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in every state. To choose insurers who offer online auto insurance quotes in Big Spring, click here.
When to get professional advice
When choosing a policy, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Every insured's situation is different.
For instance, these questions might point out if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance agents near you
Some consumers just want to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Big Spring.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Big Spring that can provide free Big Spring car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an insurer shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Any agent in Big Spring should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How long have they been in business?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
How much can you save?
When you buy Big Spring car insurance online, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Affordable auto insurance in Big Spring can be sourced from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found at these sites: