Are you researching cheaper insurance rates in Del Rio, TX? Do you get overwhelmed by the sheer number of insurance choices available to you? People have such a large number of options that it is a ton of work to compare rates on insurance. If you live there, you know that Del Rio has many things to offer, but expensive insurance rates makes it impossible to be able to buy decent coverage.
Shockingly, a large majority of insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in Del Rio could cut their rates by almost 70% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Auto insurance companies in Texas
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Del Rio, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$906||$453||$76|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$1,214||$607||$101|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$1,244||$622||$104|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,116||$558||$93|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$1,228||$614||$102|
|Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$1,336||$668||$111|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,556||$778||$130|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,096||$548||$91|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,098||$549||$92|
|Honda Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$1,420||$710||$118|
|Hyundai Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$1,406||$703||$117|
|Mazda 3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$1,472||$736||$123|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,088||$544||$91|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,354||$677||$113|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,064||$532||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase coverage prices noticeably.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and accident claims can drive up Chevrolet Tahoe premium costs for each different age group. Data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Del Rio insurance premiums for males versus females
The example below illustrates the difference between annual premium costs for male and female drivers in Del Rio. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied on a Honda Civic EX-L.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
One of the more difficult decisions when buying car insurance is how high or low should comp and collision deductibles be. The rates below determine how much more you'll pay between low and high physical damage deductibles. The first rate quote example uses a $100 deductible for comprehensive and collision coverage and the second data table uses a $500 deductible.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$286||$486||$324||$20||$96||$1,237||$103|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$286||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,527||$127|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$328||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,569||$131|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$328||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,569||$131|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$328||$592||$324||$20||$96||$1,385||$115|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$208||$328||$324||$20||$96||$976||$81|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,198||$100|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$240||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,230||$103|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$240||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,230||$103|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$240||$400||$324||$20||$96||$1,080||$90|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can lower or raise coverage rates noticeably.
Based on the data above, we can derive that using a $100 deductible costs approximately $26 more each month or $312 for a full year than quoting the higher $500 deductible. Due to the fact that you would have to pay $400 more if you turn in a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you average at least 15 months between claim filings, you would save money if you elect the higher deductible.
Slash your auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before being credited. If you do not double check each discount possible, you're paying more than you need to.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Del Rio car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking time to complete a safe driver class is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Claim-Free Discount - Del Rio drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Del Rio car insurance quote when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Driver Education Discount - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver's ed class if it's offered in school.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying a policy with multiple cars with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it's just not the way it works.
To see companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Cut Your Costs with these tips
Multiple criteria are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are more obscure like where you live or your vehicle rating. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that are used to determine the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
- Claim-free discounts can add up - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you should expect higher rates. Insurance companies in Texas provide the best rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Combining policies can get discounts - The majority of insurers allow better rates to insureds that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount applied, it's still a good idea to compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Employer stress can make you pay more - Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupational choices like military personnel, airline pilots, and miners tend to pay higher average rates attributed to intense work situations and lengthy work days. Other careers such as professors, engineers and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Men tend to take more risk - Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don't assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
- Tickets inflate premiums - Attentive drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. Having a single driving citation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Drivers who get careless violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to complete a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Alarm systems lower premiums - Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart car theft.
- Getting married is a good thing - Having a significant other can get you a discount on your car insurance policy. It means you're less irresponsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Your age impacts your premiums - Teen drivers in Texas are statistically proven to get distracted easily when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a beginning driver onto a policy can increase premiums substantially. Mature drivers are more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable.
When to get professional advice
When choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Car insurance agents near you
A small number of people just want to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents in Del Rio who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without a big time investment. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Del Rio?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
Don't give up on cheap premiums
When getting Del Rio car insurance quotes online, it's not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
More affordable insurance in Del Rio is attainable on the web and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don't offer rates over the internet and these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be found at these sites:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Homeowners in Texas? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)