Do you get exhausted from scraping nickels together to make your insurance payment? You are in the same boat as many other Texas consumers.
Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. American insurance shoppers could save nearly $860 each year, but they don't believe the large savings they would see if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Due to the large number of online and local companies to choose from, it can be challenging to find the cheapest insurance provider.
It's smart to check insurance prices on a regular basis since insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you had the best quotes on insurance on your last policy you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you're about to find out the easiest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on insurance.
Compare insurance rates
When comparison shopping, comparing a wide range of rates will enable you to find a better price. Not every company provides online price quotes, so you need to compare quotes from them as well.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Texas. To buy cheap auto insurance in Texas, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS 2WD||$1,324||$662||$110|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$1,120||$560||$93|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$988||$494||$82|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SXT||$924||$462||$77|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$1,196||$598||$100|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$782||$391||$65|
|Ford Explorer Limited 2WD||$1,180||$590||$98|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$1,524||$762||$127|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,186||$593||$99|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$968||$484||$81|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$898||$449||$75|
|Honda Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,350||$675||$113|
|Hyundai Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$830||$415||$69|
|Kia Optima EX||$1,512||$756||$126|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,064||$532||$89|
|Nissan Rogue S AWD||$1,400||$700||$117|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,616||$808||$135|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in Carrollton location which can increase or decrease premiums greatly.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper auto insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions drive up Nissan Altima premium costs for each different age group. The rates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The example below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Toyota Corolla annual premium costs for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Companies don't necessarily list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to monitor driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Multiple Vehicles - Having all your vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Carrollton car insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles can earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory options such as air bags could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Distant Student Discount - Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Carrollton and don't have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Carrollton car insurance with certain companies.
- Safety Course Discount - Passing a defensive driver class could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you're out of luck. But any discount will definitely lower your premiums.
Insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you are trying to find inexpensive Carrollton car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Savings might not apply in Carrollton. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Texas, click here to view.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $825 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy, there really is not a "perfect" insurance plan. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my vehicle?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Exclusive or independent auto insurance agents
Some people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is sent to companies in Carrollton who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best provider needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Carrollton?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local Carrollton insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that you can select. Agents are either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. They are highly trained on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies through many different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing insurance rates, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison.
If you get good responses to any questions you may have and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your insurance policy. Keep in mind policyholders can cancel your coverage whenever you choose to so never assume that you are permanently stuck with any specific company for a certain time period.