Are you tired of overpaying and want low-cost Honda Accord insurance in San Antonio? Nobody I know looks forward to paying premiums for car insurance, in particular when they could find better prices if they shop around.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most consumers in Texas have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. American insurance shoppers could cut their rates by almost $850 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't know the benefits if they switched to a cheaper policy. There are many car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it's nice to be able to choose, it can be more challenging to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
The intent of this article is to help you learn the best ways to compare prices and also save some money in the process If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to find better prices using this strategy. Smart buyers just need to use the quickest way to compare different rates instantly.
Many insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate give coverage prices on their websites. Doing online quotes for Honda Accord insurance in San Antonio doesn't take much effort because you just enter your coverage information into a form. Once you submit the form, the quote system orders your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information. Using the web to get rate quotes for Honda Accord insurance in San Antonio helps simplify price comparisons, and it's absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the best possible rates on car insurance.
To get comparison pricing now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you replicate the coverage information just like they are on your policy. This helps ensure you will get a rate comparison for similar coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Texas. To buy the cheapest car insurance in Texas, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$124||$218||$310||$18||$94||$764||$64|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$292||$408||$424||$26||$128||$1,278||$107|
|Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$274||$550||$422||$24||$126||$1,396||$116|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$400||$330||$20||$98||$1,096||$91|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$404||$304||$18||$92||$1,038||$87|
|Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$252||$492||$304||$18||$92||$1,158||$97|
|Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$254||$602||$486||$28||$146||$1,516||$126|
|Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$206||$462||$452||$26||$136||$1,282||$107|
|Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$264||$542||$520||$30||$156||$1,512||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific San Antonio garaging location which can impact prices noticeably.
Impact of age and gender on auto insurance rates
The information below visualizes the comparison of Honda Accord insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Reckless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders can raise Honda Accord auto insurance costs for each different age category. The costs are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Why you need to buy insurance
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda has a lienholder, almost all lenders will require you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Honda for a lot more money and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
When buying auto insurance it's important to understand some of the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you big savings.
- Only buy what you need - Policies have additional coverages that can add up on your Accord policy. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and membership fees are some examples. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if you've never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
- Getting married can lower premiums - Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums when buying auto insurance. It is viewed as being more responsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Where you live plays a part - Living in small towns and rural areas can save you money when it comes to auto insurance. Less people means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims People who live in big cities tend to have much more traffic and longer commutes to work. The longer drive time means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Decrease rates by maintaining coverage - Going without insurance will be a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in fines or a revoked license.
- Safer cars lower prices - Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you.
- High performance equals high rates - The type of car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest base rates will generally be found on lower cost passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Since the Honda Accord is considered a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in San Antonio.
- Higher rates for tough occupations - Jobs such as judges, executives and medical professionals tend to have higher rates than average because of stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. Other jobs such as actors, students and homemakers receive lower rates.
- Insurance losses for a Honda Accord - Companies factor in insurance loss information to help determine rates. Vehicles that are shown to have increased losses will cost more to insure.
The data below shows the actual insurance loss data for Honda Accord vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Honda Accord Vehicles
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Accord 91 85 90 122 117 94 Honda Accord Hybrid 96 80 98 89 76 84 Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 2WD 85 97 83 122 113 94 Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 4WD 99 102 94 120 93
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get discounts on San Antonio auto insurance
Companies that sell car insurance don't always advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy San Antonio auto insurance online. If you don't get every credit available, you're just leaving money on the table.
- College Student Discount - Older children who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Early Signing - Some larger companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current Accord insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking a defensive driving course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Don't be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
Some companies that may include most of the discounts above include:
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in San Antonio. If you would like to see a list of companies that offer discounts in Texas, click here.
Situations that may require an agent's advice
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Does my Honda Accord need full coverage?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people would rather buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheaper premium rates and also buy local. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in San Antonio.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in San Antonio who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you would like to find a local agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agents and how they operate. Car insurance policy providers can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it is important to understand the differences since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Featured below is a list of independent agents in San Antonio that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
A and A Insurance Agency
1317 Castroville Rd - San Antonio, TX 78237 - (210) 434-2311 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only place business with one company such as Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in San Antonio that can give you price quotes.
Picking the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- How experiences are they in personal risk management?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How long has the business existed?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
If you get good feedback to these questions and cheap Accord insurance quotes, it's possible that you found an auto insurance agent that will service your policy.
Smart shoppers get results
Lower-priced Honda Accord insurance in San Antonio can be found from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not offer online quoting and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to save on Honda Accord insurance in San Antonio. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive San Antonio auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates are with the least-expected company.