Do you want to learn to get low-cost car insurance rates in Eagle Pass, TX? Eagle Pass consumers have a choice when looking for the best price on car insurance. You can either waste hours calling around trying to get quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance so you're going to learn the proper way to price shop coverage for a new or used and find the cheapest rates either online or from Eagle Pass insurance agents.
It's a good idea to take a look at other company's rates at least once a year because insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the lowest rate on car insurance six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest and easiest way to buy cheaper car insurance.
Good choices result in lower prices
Many things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but others are not as apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that may reward you with big savings.
- Proper usage rating affects costs - The more miles you rack up on your car annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. It's a good idea to make sure your auto insurance policy states the right rating data, because it can save money.
- High coverage deductibles lower premiums - Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be colliding with a stationary object, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The more money you have to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Better drivers have lower premiums - Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Having a single moving violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have serious tickets like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- How much liability do you need? - The liability coverage on your policy kicks in if you are found to be at fault for an accident. It provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Safer vehicles save money - Safer cars cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Texas. If your goal is to find the cheapest car insurance in Texas, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD||$1,004||$502||$84|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$1,634||$817||$136|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$1,346||$673||$112|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,380||$690||$115|
|Ford F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$1,240||$620||$103|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,254||$627||$105|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,686||$843||$141|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,172||$586||$98|
|Honda Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,242||$621||$104|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$1,006||$503||$84|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,308||$654||$109|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,554||$777||$130|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,352||$676||$113|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,224||$612||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Eagle Pass which can increase or decrease rates considerably.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The diagram below illustrates the difference between insurance costs for male and female drivers in Eagle Pass. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Nissan Sentra SE-R SPEC V.
Nissan Sentra rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Smaller companies may have the best rates
Consumers in Texas can't ignore all the ads that claim the lowest prices from companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to advertise the message about saving some big amount if you change your car insurance policy to them.
But how can every company charge you less for auto insurance? Here is how they do it.
Insurance providers look for specific characteristics for the type of driver that makes them money. A good example of a desirable insured could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no tickets, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Anybody who meets those qualifications may get the lowest auto insurance rates in Eagle Pass as well as pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who don't meet this ideal profile will have to pay a higher rate which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. If you pay attention, the ads say "drivers that switch" not "everyone that quotes" save money. That's the way insurance companies can confidently make claims like that.
That is why it's extremely important to get as many free Eagle Pass car insurance quotes as possible. You cannot predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Even though rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $869 every year so it's important to compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Discounts mean cheaper rates
Auto insurance companies do not list every available discount very well, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning your own home or condo can save you money because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds who allow data collection to analyze driving manner by installing a telematics device such as State Farm's In-Drive might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Student Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver's education if offered at their school.
- Renewal Discounts - A few insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Eagle Pass car insurance.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying insurance on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
To see insurers that offer some of these discounts in Eagle Pass, follow this link.
Quote more and you will save more
More affordable car insurance in Eagle Pass can be bought from both online companies and with local Eagle Pass insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and usually these small insurance companies sell through independent agencies.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service, high prices or high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, switching companies can be pretty painless.
We've covered many tips how you can find cheaper coverage online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
More information is available at the links below