How many times have you put off comparing quotes for more competitive car insurance rates in Alice, TX? Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy high-priced car insurance? Trust us, you're not alone.
Sadly, almost 70% of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Drivers in Texas can cut their rates by $1,800 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't understand how much they could save if they switch to a new company. Due to the abundance of different company options, it can be challenging to pick the most cost effective car insurance provider.
It's smart to compare premium rates at least once a year because car insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you had the best deal on car insurance a year ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you're going to get a crash course in how to use the internet to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Cheapest companies for Alice auto insurance
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Texas. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Texas, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$830||$415||$69|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,400||$700||$117|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SXT||$1,180||$590||$98|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$1,312||$656||$109|
|Ford Edge SE AWD||$988||$494||$82|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$934||$467||$78|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$858||$429||$72|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,440||$720||$120|
|Ford Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,636||$818||$136|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$972||$486||$81|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,424||$712||$119|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$1,434||$717||$120|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,512||$756||$126|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$1,080||$540||$90|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,126||$563||$94|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,460||$730||$122|
|Toyota RAV4 4WD||$1,142||$571||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Alice which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates noticeably.
Car insurance rates based on gender in Alice
The diagram below shows the difference between insurance rates for male and female drivers in Alice. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied on a Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
How high should deductibles be?
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Chevrolet Malibu premium costs for different age categories. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
How to lower your insurance rates
It's important that you understand some of the things that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower rates. Lots of factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but others are less obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
- Job can influence rates - Jobs such as fire fighters, social workers and medical professionals usually pay higher premium rates because of intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, occupations like actors, students and the unemployed get better rates.
- Never let your insurance policy lapse - Allowing your insurance policy to lapse is a quick way to pay more for insurance. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Cheaper prices with safer cars - Safe vehicles get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your car has ratings of a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
- Getting married can save on insurance - Having a significant other can get you a discount when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Are you male or female? - Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn't mean men are worse drivers. They both are responsible for at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. They also get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Your credit rating is important - A driver's credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit score can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your vehicle by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds with excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine - Your driving citation history can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Even one driving citation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Careful drivers get better rates compared to bad drivers. Drivers who get flagrant violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Liability protection limits on your policy - The liability section of your policy will afford coverage when you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Do you qualify for discounts on car insurance?
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be inquired about before being credited.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Good Students Pay Less - Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Buy New and Save - Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less since newer models are generally safer.
- Telematics Devices - Policyholders that allow driving data collection to spy on vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving less may allow you to get discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Student in College - Children who live away from home at college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Multi-car Discount - Having multiple vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
It's important to note that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn't quite work that way. Any amount of discount will reduce your policy premium.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for pay in full, homeowner, early shopping, business and professional, and youthful driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include good student, multi-car, new vehicle discount, teen driver discount, safety features, and new move discount.
- MetLife has discounts for good driver, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, and good student.
When getting free Alice auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits might not apply in your state. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies with significant discounts in Texas, click here.
Auto insurance agents can help
Some consumers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact an agency because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How experiences are they in personal risk management?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How many years have they been established?
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to the best auto insurance coverage, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- What is the ISO rating for a vehicle?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Smart consumers save more
Some car insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents. Cheap car insurance in Alice is possible on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection.
When searching for low cost Alice auto insurance quotes, don't be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, take a look at the articles below: