Are you at wits end from trying to scrape together enough money to keep your car insured? You are in the same boat as many other Texas consumers.
Shockingly, almost 70% of drivers in Texas have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers can cut their rates by $850 a year, but they don't know the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Because there are so many online and local companies to choose from, it can be challenging to find the best insurer.
Quote San Benito auto insurance online
To find low cost San Benito auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare prices from many different Texas insurance companies. By far the easiest way to lower the rate you pay for insurance is to jump online and get quotes.
Comparing quotes online is fast and free, and it replaces the need to actually drive to all the different San Benito insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the personal advice that only an agent can give. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop your insurance online and still use a local San Benito agent.
Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes will improve the odds of getting better pricing. Not every company does quotes online, so you need to compare quotes from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Texas. To locate cheap car insurance in Texas, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$1,120||$560||$93|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,626||$813||$136|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SXT||$1,524||$762||$127|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$1,078||$539||$90|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$854||$427||$71|
|Ford F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$1,524||$762||$127|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,194||$597||$100|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,686||$843||$141|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$1,014||$507||$85|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,246||$623||$104|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$1,088||$544||$91|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$1,198||$599||$100|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,214||$607||$101|
|Nissan Rogue S 2WD||$1,242||$621||$104|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,258||$629||$105|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,370||$685||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in specific zip code location which can change rates significantly.
Higher deductibles save money
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can raise or lower Toyota Corolla yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums assume a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Auto insurance prices based on gender
The illustration below shows the comparison of insurance premiums for male and female drivers in San Benito. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration on a Honda Accord EX.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may qualify for discounts that many people don't even know exist. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate and Progressive will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Own a Home - Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your San Benito auto insurance quote.
- Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles could be rewarded with lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
To locate insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in San Benito, click this link.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When selecting the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in San Benito?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Informed drivers can save money
It's important that you understand some of the elements that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you cheaper rates. Many things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
The items below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine premiums.
Adjust physical damage deductibles and save - Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be a dented fender, flood damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
Having a spouse can lower prices - Having a spouse helps lower the price compared to being single. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
Vocation stress can affect prices - Jobs like military personnel, business owners and dentists usually pay higher premium rates attributed to high stress levels and long work days. Conversely, occupations like actors, engineers and the unemployed receive lower rates.
Premiums may be higher where you live - Being located in areas with lower population is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. People who live in big cities regularly have congested traffic and longer commute times. Less people means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Gaps in coverage mean higher car insurance rates - Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance coverage expire. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage can result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may then have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Annual miles is a factor - The more miles you rack up on your car each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that have low annual miles can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It's a good idea to make sure your car insurance policy reflects the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Too many car insurance claims drive up car insurance rates - Auto insurance companies in Texas give discounts to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for larger claims.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in San Benito, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your car. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You can find affordable coverage
When you buy San Benito auto insurance online, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just covered many tips how you can shop for insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Texas Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)