Having to pay for expensive car insurance in Paris can sap your budget and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Comparing cost estimates is a great way to lower your monthly bill.
It's hard to fathom, but a large majority of car insurance policyholders in Texas have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. U.S. drivers could save an average of about $860 each year just by shopping around, but they don't know the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company.
Drivers have many insurance companies to pick from, and although it's nice to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to compare company pricing.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes as often as possible since insurance prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on car insurance a few years ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you're about to learn the easiest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
It's important to know that comparing more quotes will enable you to find the best offered rates. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so you should also compare price estimates from them as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Paris, TX. In order to find the cheapest car insurance in Texas, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD||$1,046||$523||$87|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$1,150||$575||$96|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$1,472||$736||$123|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$1,112||$556||$93|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,086||$543||$91|
|Ford Explorer Limited 4WD||$906||$453||$76|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$1,156||$578||$96|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,098||$549||$92|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,116||$558||$93|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,008||$504||$84|
|Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,364||$682||$114|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$970||$485||$81|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,600||$800||$133|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,744||$872||$145|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can lower or raise coverage prices considerably.
The example below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Nissan Altima insurance rates for different insured age categories. The data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The chart below compares auto insurance costs for male and female drivers in Paris. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Ford Focus SES.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
How high should deductibles be?
One of the more difficult decisions when buying auto insurance is where to set your physical damage deductibles. The rates shown below can help you visualize the difference in cost of buying low and high policy deductibles. The first rate table uses a $100 physical damage deductible and the second price grid uses a $500 deductible.
Honda Pilot rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$328||$486||$382||$22||$114||$1,357||$113|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$370||$486||$382||$22||$114||$1,399||$117|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$370||$486||$382||$22||$114||$1,399||$117|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$370||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,505||$125|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$370||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,505||$125|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$370||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,505||$125|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$370||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,505||$125|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$240||$328||$382||$22||$114||$1,086||$91|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$270||$328||$382||$22||$114||$1,116||$93|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$270||$328||$382||$22||$114||$1,116||$93|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$270||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,188||$99|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$270||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,188||$99|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$270||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,188||$99|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$270||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,188||$99|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific Paris garaging location which can decrease or increase coverage rates noticeably.
Based on the above data, using a $100 deductible will cost you roughly $25 more each month or $300 a year than selecting the higher $500 deductible. Because you would be required to pay $400 more out-of-pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you have at least 16 months between claims, you would most likely save money if you decide on a higher deductible.
Auto insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If they aren't giving you every credit possible, you're paying more than you need to.
- Senior Citizens - Mature drivers may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- ABS Brakes - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking time to complete a course in defensive driver can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Telematics Discount - People who choose to allow data collection to look at driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Paris Homeowners Pay Less - Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and driver's education.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include safety features, new graduate, good student, multi-car, and exclusive group savings.
- American Family has savings for defensive driver, air bags, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, good student, mySafetyValet, and good driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for mature driver, distant student, bundle discounts, good student, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including safe driver, safe vehicle, air bags, anti-theft, paperless, student away at school, and multiple vehicles.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, anti-theft, multi-car, teen safe driver, and accident prevention training.
When comparing rates, check with every company which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply to policies in every state. If you would like to view companies with the best discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When it comes to buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's needs are different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Informed consumers can cut their car insurance rates
Many things are considered when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that aid in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may result in lower premium levels.
Listed below are some of the most common factors used by your company to calculate prices.
Performance affects insurance prices - The make and model of the car or truck you drive makes a big difference in your rates. The lowest performance passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but your final cost has many other factors.
Do you really need roadside assistance? - There are a ton of additional extra coverages you can purchase if you don't pay attention. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, towing, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea at first, but if you've never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
Five star NHTSA crash test rating saves money - Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
Driver age impacts premiums - More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Teenage drivers have been known to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher.
Your address can modify rates - Having an address in a rural area has it's advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Less people means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims Residents of big cities have to deal with much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. The longer drive time translates into higher accident risk.
Liability protection safeguards assets - Your car insurance policy's liability coverage is the protection if ever you are determined to be liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Paris, maintaining insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so shop around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Don't give up on affordable rates
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can find cheaper coverage online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies. Some small companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Cheaper insurance in Paris is possible both online in addition to many Paris insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
When you buy Paris car insurance online, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Active Military in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Texas Car Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)