Scraping up a payment for overpriced Nissan Murano insurance in San Antonio can take a big chunk out of your funds and force you to prioritize other expenses.
A study showed that the vast majority of insurance customers have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Texas insurance shoppers can cut their rates by nearly $1,800 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy. Having so many insurance providers from which to choose, it is hard for the average consumer to choose the right company.
These techniques will teach you the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and some money-saving tips. If you are insured now, you should be able to cut your premiums using these methods. Comparison shoppers just need to know the most efficient way to quote multiple rates on the web.
Low-cost Nissan insurance rates in San Antonio
The companies shown below offer price quotes in San Antonio, TX. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in San Antonio, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Murano S 2WD||$186||$340||$366||$22||$110||$1,024||$85|
|Murano S AWD||$374||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,646||$137|
|Murano SL 2WD||$328||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,438||$120|
|Murano SL AWD||$226||$412||$358||$22||$108||$1,126||$94|
|Murano LE 2WD||$368||$720||$514||$30||$154||$1,786||$149|
|Murano LE AWD||$270||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,260||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in specific San Antonio garaging location which can raise or lower rates greatly.
Physical damage deductibles
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Nissan Murano insurance costs for each different age category. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance rates by age and gender
The example below shows the comparison of Nissan Murano insurance prices for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
How much more does full coverage cost in San Antonio?
The chart below examines Nissan Murano insurance prices with full coverage compared to only the Texas minimum liability coverage. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to drop full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's assume your Nissan Murano claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $600 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Get cheaper Nissan Murano insurance rates in San Antonio
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there's a good chance there are discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but a few must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give a break if you buy life insurance.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers over the age of 55 can get a slight reduction on a San Antonio car insurance quote.
- Telematics Data - Drivers that enable data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying a policy with multiple cars with the same car insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Murano insurance in San Antonio.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Accident Free - Drivers who don't have accidents have much lower rates when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
It's important to understand that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
The best car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- American Family may offer discounts for TimeAway discount, accident-free, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, and multi-vehicle.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include anti-theft, business or organization, family plan, good student, and multi-policy.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, and claim-free.
- 21st Century offers discounts for homeowners, driver training, air bags, student driver, and teen driver.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include early shopping, mature driver, bundle discounts, homeowner, and multi-car.
- Allstate includes discounts for passive restraint, economy car, good student, premier discount, and eSmart discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in every state.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When selecting coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Is my Nissan Murano covered for flood damage?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Does my Nissan Murano qualify for pleasure use?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is my Nissan Murano covered if I use it for business?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Compare prices but still have a neighborhood San Antonio auto insurance agent
Some people prefer to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find the lowest rates and also buy local. Supporting local agents is important particularly in San Antonio.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to participating agents in San Antonio that can provide free San Antonio car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won't need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
When looking for a local San Antonio insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in San Antonio are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can insure your vehicles, but it's important to know how they differ since it can affect which agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to include at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Below are independent insurance agents in San Antonio that may be able to give you free insurance quotes.
A and A Insurance Agency
1317 Castroville Rd - San Antonio, TX 78237 - (210) 434-2311 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in San Antonio willing to provide comparison quotes.
Deciding on a insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in San Antonio should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Misconceptions in insurance advertisements
Consumers can't avoid all the ads for cheaper insurance by companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the ads make the point about how much you will save if you just switch your insurance coverage to their company.
Is it even possible that every company can cost less than your current company? Here is how they do it.
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that makes them money. For example, this type of risk profile could be a married female, carries high limits, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile will probably get cheap prices as well as save a lot on San Antonio Nissan Murano insurance if they switch.
Insureds who fall outside the ideal profile will get higher rates with the end result being the customer buying from a different company. The trick companies use is to say "people that switch" not "everybody who quotes" can save as much as they claim. That's why insurance companies can confidently make it sound like they have such great car insurance rates.
This really illustrates why you really need to compare many company's car insurance rates. Because without a comparison, you cannot know with any certainty which company will be your best fit.
Be persistent to save money
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
We just covered a lot of tips how to shop for Nissan Murano insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Texas Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Electric Cars in Texas? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)