Do you need a better way to compare low-cost insurance rates in Pflugerville, TX? No normal person anticipates paying for insurance, especially knowing their premiums are through the roof.
A study showed that a large majority of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates with other companies. Texas drivers could save nearly 70% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don't know how much savings they would realize if they bought a different policy. With drivers having so many online and local companies to choose from, it's nearly impossible to locate the most affordable company.
Consumers should take time to quote other rates once or twice a year because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best rates on insurance last year you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to one of the easiest ways to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Affordable companies for Pflugerville car insurance
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Texas. If your goal is to find the cheapest car insurance in Texas, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,434||$717||$120|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$1,234||$617||$103|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,042||$521||$87|
|Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$1,336||$668||$111|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,080||$540||$90|
|Ford Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,058||$529||$88|
|GMC Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$1,088||$544||$91|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,220||$610||$102|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$834||$417||$70|
|Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,612||$806||$134|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,060||$530||$88|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$1,634||$817||$136|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$840||$420||$70|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$952||$476||$79|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$1,438||$719||$120|
|Toyota Camry SE||$934||$467||$78|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,186||$593||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can impact premiums greatly.
How high should deductibles be?
A question often asked by Pflugerville drivers is what deductibles to buy. The premium rates below lay out the price difference when you select higher and lower deductibles. The first rate quote example uses a $100 comprehensive and collision deductible and the second set of prices uses a $1,000 deductible.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$286||$486||$324||$20||$96||$1,237||$103|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$286||$486||$324||$20||$96||$1,237||$103|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$286||$486||$324||$20||$96||$1,237||$103|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$328||$486||$324||$20||$96||$1,279||$107|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$328||$486||$324||$20||$96||$1,279||$107|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$328||$592||$324||$20||$96||$1,385||$115|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$158||$256||$324||$20||$96||$854||$71|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$158||$256||$324||$20||$96||$854||$71|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$158||$256||$324||$20||$96||$854||$71|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$182||$256||$324||$20||$96||$878||$73|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$182||$256||$324||$20||$96||$878||$73|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$182||$312||$324||$20||$96||$934||$78|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in your specific Pflugerville location which can alter prices noticeably.
Using the data above, we can ascertain that using a $100 deductible costs approximately $33 more each month or $396 annually than buying the higher $1,000 deductible. Since the policyholder would be required to pay $900 more out of your own pocket with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you usually have more than 27 months between claim filings, you would probably come out ahead if you choose the higher deductible. The numbers below show a better example of how you can make this decision for your own policy.
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$106|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||- $73|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$33|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 - $100):||$900|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$900 / $33|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||27 months|
One important caveat is that raising deductibles to get cheaper rates means you will have to cover more of the damage yourself when you have a physical damage claim. That will force you to have enough savings in the event you need to pay more to get your vehicle repaired.
Seven factors that affect insurance rates
Lots of factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although others are more transparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower premium levels.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine your premiums.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy - Some companies provide a discount to clients who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates. It's possible to still save even more than the discount by splitting coverages up.
- Having a spouse can save on insurance - Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates on your policy. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- High credit saves on insurance - A driver's credit score will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with bad credit. If your credit history is not that good, you may save money insuring your vehicle if you improve your credit rating.
- Premiums drop with age - Teenage drivers in Texas have been known to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. Adding a young driver onto your insurance can cause a big jump in price. Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
- Premiums increase with policy add-ons - There are quite a few additional coverages that may not really be needed if you aren't diligent. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good at first, but if they're wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
- Never let your policy expire - Allowing your insurance policy to lapse is a guaranteed way to pay more for insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Prices may be lower depending on your vocation - Careers like lawyers, police officers, and miners tend to pay the highest average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, jobs like professors, athletes and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Slash your car insurance rates with discounts
Some companies don't always advertise their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, you're paying more than you need to.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Homeowners Savings - Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Senior Citizens - Older drivers can get reduced rates.
- Organization Discounts - Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Sign Online - Some insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Early Switch Discount - A few insurance companies offer discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get Pflugerville auto insurance quotes online.
- Driver's Education for Students - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver's education in high school.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
Don't be shocked that most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren't that generous. But any discount will help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, driver's education, passive restraint, student away at school, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- American Family offers discounts for early bird, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, good driver, air bags, and mySafetyValet.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, military active duty, federal employee, multi-policy, and driver training.
- 21st Century has savings for 55 and older, driver training, air bags, student driver, teen driver, and theft prevention.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and online quote discount.
It's a good idea to ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not apply in Pflugerville.
Local Pflugerville auto insurance agents and auto insurance
A small number of people would prefer to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower rates but also keep your business local. And buying from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Pflugerville.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Pflugerville who want to provide quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
If you would like to find a reliable agent, there are two types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance policy providers are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but it's worth learning the difference between them because it can factor into the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
Picking the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
Is there deception in advertising?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings for switching from companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all advertise claims about saving some big amount if you get a free Pflugerville auto insurance quote and switch your auto insurance coverage to their company.
How do they all charge less that you're paying now? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Insurance companies have specific characteristics for the type of driver that earns them a profit. One example of a driver they prefer may need to be between the ages of 40 and 55, carries full coverage, and has excellent credit. Someone who matches those parameters will probably get cheap prices and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Insureds who do not match those standards will probably be forced to pay more expensive rates and this can result in the customer not purchasing. The ads state "drivers that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" will save that much if they switch. That's the way insurance companies can confidently make it sound like they have such great rates.
This really illustrates why you need to get as many free Pflugerville auto insurance quotes as possible. It's just not possible to know which auto insurance company will have the best auto insurance in Pflugerville.
What insurance coverages do I need?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you and your auto insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions might point out if you could use an agent's help.
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Texas?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Can good grades get a discount?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Cheaper auto insurance rates are possible
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We've covered a lot of techniques to reduce auto insurance rates online in Pflugerville. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Pflugerville auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read by following these links:
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Texas Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in Texas? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Brownsville, Texas? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)