Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for lower-priced car insurance rates in Lufkin, TX? Do you get exhausted from sacrificing to pay your car insurance bill each month? You're in the same situation as many other Texas consumers.
Sadly, the vast majority of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Lufkin insurance shoppers could save $1,766 each year just by comparing rates, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to shop their coverage around. Many auto insurance companies vie for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the best coverage at the lowest price on car insurance.
It's important to shop coverage around quite often because insurance rates change regularly. Even if you got the best deal on car insurance a year ago you can probably find a better price now. Don't believe everything you read about car insurance out there, but in this article, you're going to get the easiest ways to stop overpaying for insurance in Lufkin.
Car insurance companies offering cheap rates in Texas
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Texas. In order to find cheap car insurance in Texas, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$1,278||$639||$107|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$992||$496||$83|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$1,304||$652||$109|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,040||$520||$87|
|Ford Explorer Limited 2WD||$1,352||$676||$113|
|Ford F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$1,270||$635||$106|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,376||$688||$115|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,000||$500||$83|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,112||$556||$93|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$1,802||$901||$150|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$1,064||$532||$89|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$1,196||$598||$100|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$1,214||$607||$101|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,038||$519||$87|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,352||$676||$113|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,264||$632||$105|
|Toyota RAV4 Sport 2WD||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise premiums considerably.
Annual premiums for males compared to females in Lufkin
The information below illustrates the comparison of yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers in Lufkin. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium on a Hyundai Sonata Limited.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The chart below shows how violations and at-fault claims can influence Ford Escape car insurance rates for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of GMC Acadia premium costs with full coverage compared to only the Texas minimum liability coverage. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no exact rule to delete comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your GMC Acadia replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $400 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Find more affordable auto insurance with these tips
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- Add-on coverages can add up - Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that can waste your money when buying auto insurance. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good at first, but if you've never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
- Females tend to take less risk - The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn't mean females are better at driving than males. They both cause accidents at about the same rate, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident so it costs more to insure them.
- Cheaper rates by combining - The majority of auto insurance companies will give discounts to customers that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount applied, it's always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may save money by buying from different companies
- Get cheaper premiums if you're married - Being married may save some money on auto insurance. It may mean you are more stable financially and statistics show drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- No policy gaps is important - Driving without insurance coverage in place is not a good idea and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Distant College Student Discount - Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Lufkin and don't have a car could get you a discount.
- Professional Organizations - Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Low Mileage - Driving less could qualify for lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Driver Safety - Completing a course teaching safe driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Responsible Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Military Rewards - Being on active duty in the military can result in better prices.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Sign Early and Save - A few larger companies allow discounts for switching policies early. It's a savings of about 10%.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce the premium cost.
If you would like to see a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Lufkin, click this link.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Lufkin car insurance agent
A small number of people still prefer to have an agent's advice and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Lufkin.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to companies in Lufkin that give free quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Selecting a company shouldn't rely on just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- How experiences are they in personal risk management?
- How long has the business existed?
- How are they compensated?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Don't listen to company ads
Consumers in Texas can't get away from ads for auto insurance savings from the likes of Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies tend to make the same promise of big savings just by moving your auto insurance policy to them.
How is it possible that every company can make the same claim? You have to listen carefully.
Different companies look for specific characteristics for the driver that will add to their bottom line. A good example of a profitable risk profile may be over age 30, has no tickets, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer that meets those criteria will get very good Lufkin car insurance rates and will probably save some money.
Potential insureds who may not quite match this ideal profile will probably be forced to pay more expensive rates which leads to business not being written. Company advertisements say "drivers that switch" not "everyone that quotes" can get the lowest rates when switching. That's the way companies can truthfully lure you into getting a quote.
Because of this risk profiling, it is so important to compare free Lufkin car insurance quotes often. It's impossible to know which auto insurance company will have the lowest prices for your situation.
Don't give up on affordable rates
When trying to cut insurance costs, don't be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped full coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we covered many ideas to shop for car insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Texas? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)