When trying to find cheaper insurance, are you intimidated by the crazy number of auto insurance choices available to you? Lot's of other drivers are too. You have so many choices to choose from that it can really be a difficult situation to find a more affordable company. Everyone knows that Missouri City is a great place to live, but finding the money to pay for auto insurance makes it difficult to be able to buy decent coverage.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Many drivers in Texas could pocket 70% a year, but they just feel it's too hard to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Car insurance companies in Texas
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Missouri City, TX. To locate cheap auto insurance in Texas, we suggest you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,600||$800||$133|
|Chevrolet Malibu LS||$988||$494||$82|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$1,284||$642||$107|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Crew||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$1,142||$571||$95|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$878||$439||$73|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$1,054||$527||$88|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,282||$641||$107|
|Ford Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,288||$644||$107|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$968||$484||$81|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$1,174||$587||$98|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$2,026||$1,013||$169|
|Honda Odyssey EX||$1,000||$500||$83|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$988||$494||$82|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$1,016||$508||$85|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,326||$663||$111|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,038||$519||$87|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,404||$702||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in Missouri City location which can increase or decrease price quotes greatly.
One common question asked by Missouri City drivers is where to set your physical damage deductibles. The following insurance rates can help you visualize the rate difference between low and high physical damage deductibles. The first data set uses a $100 deductible and the second price grid uses a $1,000 deductible.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$328||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,463||$122|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,611||$134|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$804||$476||$28||$142||$1,845||$154|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,611||$134|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,611||$134|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$412||$804||$382||$22||$114||$1,759||$147|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$412||$804||$382||$22||$114||$1,759||$147|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$312||$382||$22||$114||$1,012||$84|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,092||$91|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$424||$476||$28||$142||$1,276||$106|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,092||$91|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,092||$91|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$424||$382||$22||$114||$1,170||$98|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$424||$382||$22||$114||$1,170||$98|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact auto insurance rates greatly.
Based on the data above, we can derive that using a $100 deductible costs approximately $45 more each month or $540 for a full year than buying the higher $1,000 deductible. Due to the fact that you would have to pay $900 more to file a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you tend to have at a minimum 20 months between claim filings, you would more than likely save some money if you opt for a higher deductible.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can affect Dodge Ram insurance premiums for different age groups. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Dodge Ram rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Reckless driving habits raise Missouri City car insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents raise Hyundai Sonata insurance costs for each different age group. The information is based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Quote lower-cost auto insurance with these tips
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes some of the most common factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- How do annual miles impact costs? - The higher the mileage driven annually the more you'll pay to insure it. Almost all companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. Verify your vehicle rating is showing annual mileage.
- Bundle home and auto and save - Some insurers afford a discount to customers that have more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- City traffic equals higher premiums - Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers in populated Texas areas have to deal with more auto accidents and more severe claims. More time behind the wheel means more chance of being in an accident.
- High credit rating translates to low costs - Your credit score factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your vehicle if you improve your credit rating. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower ratings.
Car insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts to help bring down the price. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before you will receive the discount. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Distant Student Discount - College-age children living away from Missouri City attending college and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Early Switch Discount - A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying insurance on a new vehicle is cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Participating in a safe driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Driving Data Discount - Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to spy on driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm's In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Older drivers could receive a slight reduction on a Missouri City car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with some of the above discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not be available in every state. To view insurers with significant discounts in Texas, click here.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
Many drivers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
By using this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to companies in Missouri City who will give you quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to you. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an provider needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How are claims handled?
- Is there a local claims center in Missouri City?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
When finding a local Missouri City insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agents in Missouri City can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents write business for a single company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide other company's prices so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing insurance rates, you absolutely need to contact a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
We just showed you many ideas to reduce car insurance auto insurance rates online in Missouri City. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Missouri City car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies can be less work than you think.
Lower-priced car insurance in Missouri City is possible on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Missouri City car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Texas? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Arlington, Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Texas? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Corpus Christi, Texas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Fort Worth, Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for College Students in Texas? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Waco, TX? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)