Trying to find cheaper insurance for a new or used car in Texas can be difficult, but you can use the following methods to save time.
There is a better way to shop for insurance and you need to know the quickest way to quote coverages on a and locate the lowest possible price from Alamo insurance agents and online providers.
Shopping for the cheapest protection in Alamo is easy to do. If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you can use this information to shop for the lowest rates and still have adequate protection. Vehicle owners just have to learn the least time-consuming way to shop for auto insurance from many different companies online.
Take policy discounts and save on car insurance
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but a few must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims before the accident.
- Resident Student - Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Alamo without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheap Alamo car insurance.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- ABS Braking Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver's education if offered at their school.
- Paperwork-free - Certain larger companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing on the internet.
It's important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren't that lucky. But all discounts will positively reduce the cost of your policy.
Large car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, safe vehicle, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include preferred payment discount, newly retired, safety features, exclusive group savings, newly married, new graduate, and hybrid vehicle.
- American Family includes discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, good student, early bird, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for multi-car, business and professional, teen driver, good student, and distant student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for air bags, safe vehicle, group or association, teen driver, safe driver, mature driver, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, multi-car, homeowner, safe driver, accident prevention training, and anti-lock brakes.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in Alamo. If you would like to view insurers who offer discounts in Texas, click this link.
How to compare free Alamo auto insurance quotes
Finding a better price on auto insurance is surprisingly easy. The only thing you need to do is take the time to compare rate quotes to find out which insurance company has cheap Alamo car insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$970||$485||$81|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$1,076||$538||$90|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,002||$501||$84|
|Ford F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$1,198||$599||$100|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,352||$676||$113|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$996||$498||$83|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$1,144||$572||$95|
|Honda Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,044||$522||$87|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$1,518||$759||$127|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$1,028||$514||$86|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,588||$794||$132|
|Nissan Rogue S 2WD||$1,376||$688||$115|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,224||$612||$102|
|Toyota Tacoma 2WD||$888||$444||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease prices noticeably.
Rate comparison of males versus females
The diagram below compares insurance rates for male and female drivers in Alamo. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Ford Escape XLS.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent's help.
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my vehicle to commute?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Be persistent to save money
Cheap auto insurance in Alamo is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and these smaller providers work with independent insurance agents.
We just presented some good ideas how to compare auto insurance rates in Alamo. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Alamo car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with a small local company. Some small companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Laredo, Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Texas Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Texas Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Young Drivers in Texas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Company Car in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in Texas? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)