Would you like to buy more affordable car insurance rates in Laredo, TX? Laredo buyers have lots of choices when searching for the best price on car insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes. There is a better way to shop for car insurance so we're going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates for a and locate the best price possible from Laredo insurance agents and online providers.
Finding a lower price on insurance is actually quite simple. All you need to do is invest a few minutes comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,600||$800||$133|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$1,010||$505||$84|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,604||$802||$134|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$1,462||$731||$122|
|Ford Edge SEL AWD||$1,250||$625||$104|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$886||$443||$74|
|Ford F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$1,112||$556||$93|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,060||$530||$88|
|Ford Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,496||$748||$125|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,098||$549||$92|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,230||$615||$103|
|Honda Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,192||$596||$99|
|Honda Odyssey Touring||$1,472||$736||$123|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,378||$689||$115|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,064||$532||$89|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,544||$772||$129|
|Toyota Tacoma X-Runner 2WD||$952||$476||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in garaging location in Laredo which can lower or raise prices significantly.
Car insurance cost for men versus women
The information below shows the difference between insurance premiums for male and female drivers in Laredo. The costs are based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Ford Focus SE.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of car insurance, insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will require that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your vehicle greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Texas overpays as much as $855 a year so compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Verify you're earning every discount
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This isn't a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don't have any claims for a certain period of time.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Bundle and Save - When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Data Collection Discounts - Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to study driving manner by installing a telematics device such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Good Student Discount - Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Driver Safety - Participating in a driver safety course is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Active Service Discounts - Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Drivers Ed for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver's education if it's offered in school.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren't that generous. But all discounts should definitely cut your overall premium however.
Popular insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, federal employee, defensive driver, air bags, emergency military deployment, and anti-theft.
- MetLife has savings for accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, good student
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- Travelers discounts include IntelliDrive, home ownership, multi-policy, multi-car, good student, early quote, and continuous insurance.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safe driver, drive less, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, accident prevention training, safe driver, and homeowner.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-car, pay-in-full, good driver, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Laredo. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with the best insurance discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers still like to have an agent's advice and often times that is recommended Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent because prices are sent to your email. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an provider is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a good insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents that you can select. Insurance agencies are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it's important to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to compare other company's rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to do anything.
When comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with smaller companies which may have better rates.
There's no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions might help in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Is other people's property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
What insurance coverages do you need?
Understanding the coverages of insurance aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird, a broken windshield and vandalism. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses for things like ambulance fees, surgery, pain medications, EMT expenses and X-ray expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your vehicle.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (30/60/25 in Texas), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Coverage for collisions
This pays for damage to your vehicle from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn't cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 30/60/25 which stand for a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as loss of income, emergency aid and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
You just learned many ideas to reduce car insurance auto insurance rates online in Laredo. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Laredo car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company. These companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When shopping online for car insurance, it's not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost car insurance in Laredo is definitely available online in addition to many Laredo insurance agents, so you need to shop Laredo car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who don't offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Texas Car Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Texas Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Journey in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Texas Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Texas? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)