Looking for more competitive Mazda 3 insurance in Houston? I doubt anyone enjoys paying for car insurance, in particular when they could find better rates elsewhere.
It's hard to fathom, but nearly 70% of Texas drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Many consumers in America could save themselves 46.5% a year, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they switch to a new company. Due to the large number of companies and agents to choose from, it's nearly impossible to locate the right car insurance provider.
It's smart to do rate comparisons once or twice a year because prices trend upward over time. If you had the best deal on Mazda 3 insurance in Houston a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you're about to learn the right way to find lower rates on car insurance.
This article's goal is to teach you a little about the best way to quote coverages and also pocket some savings If you're already insured, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using the tips covered below. You just have to learn the quickest way to compare different rates from multiple carriers.
Companies offering Mazda 3 insurance in Houston
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Texas. In order to find cheap car insurance in Houston, TX, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$328||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,438||$120|
|3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$282||$610||$430||$26||$128||$1,476||$123|
|3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$254||$572||$430||$26||$128||$1,410||$118|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$246||$434||$392||$24||$118||$1,214||$101|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,302||$109|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$260||$496||$366||$22||$110||$1,254||$105|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$338||$392||$24||$118||$1,058||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in your specific Houston location which can impact premium rates substantially.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below shows the comparison of Mazda 3 car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no exact rule of when to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Mazda 3 claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $500 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Components of Your Mazda 3 Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
The itemized list below are some of the things used by companies to determine rates.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce insurance rates - Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
- Insure your auto and home with one company - Many insurers give lower prices to customers that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money. Drivers may still save even more by splitting coverages up.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums - Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you.
- Rates go up with performance - The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The most favorable rates are usually found on small economy passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Since the Mazda 3 falls in the compact sedan class, insurance will be the same to a little lower compared to average rates in Houston.
- Liability insurance safeguards assets - Your policy's liability coverage kicks in if you are responsible for damages from an accident. It provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Mazda 3 claim data - Insurers use statistical claims data when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that are shown to have higher losses will cost more to insure. The table below outlines the compiled insurance loss statistics for Mazda 3 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Mazda 3 Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 3 99 104 96 106 110 103 Mazda 3 Hatchback 91 80 96 81 73 86
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
These discounts can cut Mazda 3 insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don't always advertise every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden insurance savings.
- Good Students Pay Less - Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Houston auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Distant College Student Discount - Older children who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Membership in Organizations - Joining a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for insurance.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Popular insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- AAA may offer discounts for good driver, pay-in-full, multi-car, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, education and occupation, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for bundle discounts, switch companies, multi-car, teen driver, good student, and youthful driver.
- GEICO has savings for driver training, daytime running lights, seat belt use, membership and employees, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- Esurance offers discounts for Switch & Save, DriveSense, emergency road assistance, anti-theft, multi-car, defensive driver, and good driver.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safe driver, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and drive less.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, accident-free, anti-theft, defensive driving training, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good driver.
Before buying, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. To locate insurance companies that offer discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Local Houston insurance agents and car insurance
Some people just prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Licensed agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Houston.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Houston that can provide free Houston auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won't need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
When looking for a local insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agents can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Both do a good job, but it is a good idea to know the differences because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
When comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Houston that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
702 W Sam Houston Pkwy S - Houston, TX 77042 - (713) 914-0354 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide one company's prices and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Houston that can give you price quotes.
Picking the best insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is there a local claims center in Houston?
Slick advertising tricks that work
Texas consumers can't ignore all the ads that claim the cheapest premium rates from the likes of GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the ads try to convey promises that drivers will save a bundle if you get a free Houston auto insurance quote and switch your policy.
How do they all save you money on Mazda 3 insurance in Houston?
Insurance providers have a preferred profile for the type of driver that will generate a profit. An example of a desirable risk could possibly be between 30 and 50, carries full coverage, and has a high credit rating. Anybody who matches that profile will get the preferred prices in Houston and most likely will save some money.
Insureds who don't measure up to these criteria will be charged more expensive rates which usually ends up with the customer buying from a different company. The wording the ads use say "people who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save the amount stated. That is how companies can advertise the way they do.
Because of this risk profiling, you really should get a wide range of price quotes. It's not possible to predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest Mazda 3 insurance in Houston.
Cheaper coverage is out there
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper Mazda 3 insurance in Houston is available from both online companies in addition to many Houston insurance agents, so you need to quote Houston auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not offer rates over the internet and many times these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agents.
We just covered many ideas to compare Mazda 3 insurance car insurance rates in Houston. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Houston auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. They may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Texas Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Texas? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Houston, Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Texas? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)