Locating budget-priced Dallas Hyundai Elantra insurance quotes on the web may seem to be somewhat difficult for vehicle owners who are new to price shopping over the internet. With so many insurance agents and online companies available, how are vehicle owners able to effectively compare all the different companies and get the best pricing?
Astonishing but true, nearly 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly half have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Most drivers in the United States could save almost 46.5% each year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Get Lower-cost Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower premium levels. Lots of things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although others are less apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
- Are males or females drivers cheaper? - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn't mean males are worse at driving than females. Men and women get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but men have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are several times more likely to be in an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
- Extra policy coverages that aren't used - Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that may not really be needed on your Elantra policy. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and term life insurance are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but if they're wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Get hitched and get better premiums - Having a spouse may earn you lower rates on auto insurance. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Raise deductibles and save - Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, hail damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are required to pay in the event of a claim. The larger the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Avoid traffic tickets - How you drive has a huge affect on how much you pay. Getting just one driving citation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have received careless citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
- Loss statistics for a Hyundai Elantra - Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that the data shows to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for specific coverages.
The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Hyundai Elantra vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Hyundai Elantra Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Hyundai Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Elantra 102 102 90 133 137 117 Hyundai Elantra GT 95 91 95 112 114 107
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from many available car insurance companies in Texas. The simplest method to find cheaper rates consists of shopping online. When comparison shopping, more quotes will enable you to find the best price.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Dallas, TX. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Texas, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$124||$218||$310||$18||$94||$764||$64|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$684||$400||$24||$120||$1,474||$123|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$542||$462||$28||$138||$1,404||$117|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$254||$572||$430||$26||$128||$1,410||$118|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$254||$512||$366||$22||$110||$1,264||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in your specific Dallas location which can decrease or increase rates noticeably.
Impact of speeding/accidents on auto insurance rates
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and accidents increase Hyundai Elantra yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The diagram below shows the comparison of Hyundai Elantra annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There isn't a written rule for dropping full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Hyundai Elantra claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Buying the right Hyundai vehicle insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Dallas, insuring your vehicle is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Hyundai for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Hyundai Elantra and your personal assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Elantra definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Texas is overpaying more than $820 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to save money.
These discounts can reduce Hyundai Elantra insurance rates
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you might be missing out on some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before being credited. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you're paying more than you need to.
- Military Rewards - Having a deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
- Professional Memberships - Belonging to a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds who allow their insurance company to monitor vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Full Payment Discount - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Multiple Cars - Buying a policy with several vehicles on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Save with a New Car - Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less since newer models are generally safer.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Keeping the miles down on your Hyundai could earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Own a Home and Save - Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Driver Safety - Taking a course in defensive driving could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
It's important to note that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way.
Large insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- Travelers may offer discounts for save driver, hybrid/electric vehicle, new car, student away at school, continuous insurance, and driver training.
- American Family offers discounts for Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, good student, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, teen driver discount, new graduate, safety features, exclusive group savings, newly retired, and good student.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not be offered everywhere. To locate companies who offer insurance discounts in Dallas, click here.
Auto insurance agents near you
Some people just want to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get better rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Dallas who will give competitive quotes for your business. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND a local agent. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Dallas?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
Dallas auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agencies are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
These agents can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on what they offer which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Dallas that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Jonathan Crisler
1350 N Buckner Blvd #218 - Dallas, TX 75218 - (214) 324-7676 - View Map
- Jon Essary - State Farm Insurance Agent
1214 W Davis St - Dallas, TX 75208 - (214) 948-6000 - View Map
- Ann Nguyen - State Farm Insurance Agent
12655 N Central Expy #310 - Dallas, TX 75243 - (214) 692-0900 - View Map
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Dallas willing to provide price quote information.
- Northwest Insurance
11722 Marsh Ln # 345 - Dallas, TX 75229 - (214) 352-5656 - View Map
- Oak Lawn Insurance
5200 Lemmon Ave #105, Dallas, TX 75209, USA - TX 75209, TX USA - (214) 521-2212 - View Map
- Calema Insurance Agency
3021 Lombardy Ln #101 - Dallas, TX 75220 - (469) 341-7831 - View Map
If you get good responses to any questions you have as well as cheaper Elantra insurance quotes, you may have found an insurance agent that is a good match to service your policy.
Cheap auto insurance rates are possible
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to compare Hyundai Elantra insurance premium rates in Dallas. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone sacrificed collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Discount Hyundai Elantra insurance in Dallas is available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don't offer online quoting and many times these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Texas Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Pasadena, Texas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Dallas, Texas? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in El Paso, Texas? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)