Tired of trying to scrape together enough money to pay high car insurance rates every month? You are in the same boat as many other Texas consumers.
Unbelievable but true, a large majority of car insurance policyholders have been with the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Many consumers in Dallas can save roughly $1,800 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
There is such a variety of insurance companies to pick from, and although it's a good thing to have a choice, more options can take longer to compare rates for Buick Verano insurance in Dallas.
Finding affordable coverage in Dallas can be made easier if you know where to look. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using these techniques. But Texas drivers must know how companies market insurance on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Cheap Buick insurance prices in Dallas
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in Texas. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in Texas, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
The following are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Drive fewer miles and save - The more you drive each year the higher your rate. Most companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Make sure your declarations sheet is rated on the right rating data. An incorrectly rated Verano can result in significantly higher rates.
- Pay less if you're married - Walking down the aisle may save some money on your policy. Marriage translates into being less irresponsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Discounts for GPS tracking and theft deterrents - Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Theft prevention features such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
- Safety ratings are a factor - Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you. If your Buick scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Never let your car insurance policy expire - Having an insurance coverage lapse is a quick way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Buick Verano insurance loss data - Insurers use claims history to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that are shown to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below outlines the loss history for Buick Verano vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Buick Verano Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Verano 92 96 85 109 127 126
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Verify you're receiving every discount
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be available discounts that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but a few must be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If you do not double check each discount available, you are just wasting money.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Renewal Discounts - A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a new policy early. You may see this discount when you get Dallas auto insurance quotes online.
- No Claim Discounts - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Good Driver Discounts - Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Federal Employees - Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Driver's Ed - Have your child take driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Online Discount - A few insurance companies will provide an incentive get Dallas auto insurance on the web.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for multiple cars on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you won't be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will cut your premiums.
Some of the larger companies that may offer policyholders most of the discounts above possibly include:
When getting free Dallas auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some credits might not apply in Dallas. To choose companies that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, click here.
Car insurance quotes from local Dallas insurance agencies
A lot of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Dallas that give free quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
The difference between Dallas auto insurance agents
If you are searching for a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Dallas are either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only write with one company such as Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Dallas that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rates, you should always get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison.
The following are Dallas independent agents willing to provide price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Comparable Insurance Agency Inc
9750 Walnut St Ste 106 - Dallas, TX 75243 - (214) 575-2750 - View Map
Upon receiving satisfactory answers to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles.
Save $403 a year! What?
Respected companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO consistently run television, radio, and online ads. All the companies state the claim about how much you will save just by moving to their company. How is it possible that every company can say the same thing? This is the way they can do it.
Most companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. For example, a profitable customer could possibly be over the age of 50, has a clear driving record, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. A customer getting a price quote who fits those characteristics gets the lowest auto insurance rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
People who fall outside the "perfect" profile will have to pay higher prices and this results in the prospect going elsewhere. The trick is to say "customers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" can save as much as they claim. That's the way companies can truthfully claim big savings. This really drives home the point why it is so important to do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It is just not possible to predict which car insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
When you buy Dallas auto insurance online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
We covered some good ideas how you can compare Buick Verano insurance prices in Dallas. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies often have lower rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Texas? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Abilene, TX? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Amarillo, Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Texas? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Houston, Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Texas? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Arlington, Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Texas? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)