No sane person rejoices having to buy auto insurance, in particular when they could lower their rates if they shopped around.
Unbelievably, the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average premium in Texas being $2,680, drivers could save themselves up to 70% a year by just comparing quotes, but they won't spend time to compare rate quotes. Many auto insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite lowest price on Scion iQ insurance in San Antonio.
You need to price shop coverage occasionally because insurance prices go up and down regularly. If you had the best deal on Scion iQ insurance in San Antonio a few years ago you can probably find a better rate now. You can search a lot of iQ insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you're going to learn some solid techniques on how to find affordable auto insurance in San Antonio.
Finding a better price on auto insurance is not rocket science. The only thing you need to do is invest a few minutes comparing rates to discover which company has cheaper San Antonio auto insurance quotes.
Comparing free rate quotes online is easy and it, takes the place of having to call or drive to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing online rate quotes has made agencies unnecessary unless you require the personal advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to obtain prices from the web but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Insurance policy discounts for Scion iQ insurance in San Antonio
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked for before they will apply.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers who don't get into accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Student Discounts - Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a deployed family member can result in better premium rates.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Resident Student - Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from San Antonio and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include driver training, defensive driver, theft prevention, air bags, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, multiple autos, anti-theft, good driver, driver's education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and accident-free.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for defensive driving, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, business or organization, and good student.
- Esurance has discounts for Switch & Save, anti-theft, multi-car, defensive driver, safety device, and online quote.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for good student, defensive driver, air bag, driver training, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and bundle.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in every state.
Get Scion iQ Insurance at a Discount
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the elements that aid in calculating car insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in cheaper rates.
- The higher your credit score the lower your costs - Credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit could use some work, you could save money insuring your Scion iQ by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- Don't cut corners with liability insurance - Liability coverage will protect you in the event that you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Teenage drivers pay higher rates - Beginning drivers in Texas are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Older people are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- Annual mileage impacts premiums - Driving more miles each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies calculate prices based on their usage. Autos that have low annual miles can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your declarations sheet is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. Improper usage on your iQ may be costing you.
- Better drivers pay the best prices - Getting just one chargeable violation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Careful drivers get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state's licensing department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Scion iQ insurance loss data - Companies use statistical claims data to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher cost to insure.
The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Scion iQ vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Scion iQ Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Scion iQ 77 81 75
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to talk to an agent
Some consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheaper premium rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in San Antonio should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is there a local claims center in San Antonio?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
If you want a reputable agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. San Antonio agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Either one can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the difference between them since it can impact your agent selection.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in San Antonio willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you include at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
Shown below are San Antonio independent insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When quoting and choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Every insured's situation is different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Consumers in Texas can't avoid all the ads for cheaper insurance from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. They all seem to make the point that drivers will save a bundle just by switching your policy.
It sounds good, but how can they all make almost identical claims? It's all in the wording.
All companies have an ideal profile for the type of insured that will be a good risk. One example of a profitable customer may need to be over age 30, has no driving citations, and chooses high deductibles. A customer who fits that profile may get the lowest premium rates in San Antonio and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who are not a match for these criteria may be forced to pay a higher premium with the end result being business not being written. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "people that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" will save that much if they switch. That's the way insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. Because of these techniques, you absolutely need to get San Antonio auto insurance quotes as often as possible. It's impossible to know with any certainty which company will have the best Scion iQ insurance in San Antonio.
Cheap insurance premiums are out there
More affordable insurance in San Antonio can be found on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some companies may not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped full coverage and learned later they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in McKinney, TX? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)