Want to know an easy way to compare more affordable Honda Odyssey insurance in Dallas? Are you kicking yourself for buying high-priced Honda Odyssey insurance in Dallas? Say no more because there are many Dallas drivers thinking the same thing.
It's hard to fathom, but most insurance policyholders kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared quotes from other companies. Drivers in Dallas could pocket as much as 70% a year by just shopping around, but they don't want to take the time to compare rate quotes.
Lots of car insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to get the lowest rate possible on Honda Odyssey insurance in Dallas.
If you have a current insurance policy, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the concepts you're about to learn. Buying affordable insurance in Dallas is easy if you know what you're doing. But Texas vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of the way companies market insurance on the web and use it to find better rates.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Honda Odyssey insurance in Dallas utilizes the fact most larger insurance companies participate in a system to give free rates quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give the companies some data like the make and model of your vehicles, an estimate of your credit level, distance driven, and whether you drive to work or school. Your information is then submitted to multiple companies and you get price estimates very quickly.
To compare cheaper Honda Odyssey insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in Dallas, TX. If you want cheap car insurance in Dallas, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$154||$306||$388||$24||$116||$988||$82|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$142||$312||$366||$22||$110||$952||$79|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$142||$312||$366||$22||$110||$952||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in vehicle location which can impact insurance rates substantially.
Gender-based auto insurance rates by age in Dallas
The diagram below shows the comparison of Honda Odyssey auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Safe drivers Dallas pay cheaper rates
The information below illustrates how violations and at-fault accidents increase Honda Odyssey premium costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Save a ton with discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but a few need to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Accident Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Own a Home - Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Drive Less and Save - Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for slightly better prices than normal.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some auto insurance companies reward drivers for signing up early. This can save 10% or more.
- 55 and Retired - Seniors may receive better auto insurance rates.
It's important to note that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
To locate insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Texas, click this link.
Compare prices but work with a local Dallas insurance agent
Some people still like to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents that can give you free Dallas auto insurance quotes for your business. You don't have to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to your email. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an provider shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. Any agent in Dallas should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Dallas?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
Below is a short list of insurance companies in Dallas that are able to give comparison quotes for Honda Odyssey insurance in Dallas.
Dallas Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices. Many different elements are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes some of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Raise deductibles and save - Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, hail damage, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more expense you're willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Don't get traffic citations - Drivers who don't get tickets pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Only having one chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance forty percent or more. Drivers who have multiple violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance costs - The performance level of the vehicle you are insuring makes a big difference in your rates. The cheapest insurance rates are generally reserved for smaller low performance passenger vehicles, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Due to the fact that the Honda Odyssey is a van and minivan, rates will be similar in price than the average rate where you live in Dallas.
- Marriage can save on auto insurance - Having a spouse can get you a discount on auto insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more responsible and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Add-on coverages can cost a lot - Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages you can purchase on your Odyssey policy. Coverages for rental car coverage, towing, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you don't need them consider taking them off your policy.
- Where you live plays a part - Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can be a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people means a lower chance of having an accident. Residents of big cities have to deal with more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. Longer commute distances means more chance of being in an accident.
- How much liability - The liability coverage on your policy is the protection if ever you are determined to be liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide you with a defense in court to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress occupation? - Careers such as doctors, air traffic controllers, and accountants generally have higher average rates attributed to intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, professions such as actors, students and homemakers pay the least.
- Claims statistics for a Honda Odyssey - Car insurance companies use claims history to help calculate premium prices. Models that the statistics show to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have increased rates.
The data below shows the actual insurance loss data for Honda Odyssey vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Values that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
Honda Odyssey Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Odyssey 78 83 75 82 78 71
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need Odyssey insurance in Texas
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Dallas, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Honda, almost all lenders will require that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Honda for a lot more money and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Odyssey greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so compare rates at least once a year to save money.
One last thing to lower rates
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for Honda Odyssey insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Dallas auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from the least-expected company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
When shopping online for car insurance, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Budget-conscious Honda Odyssey insurance can be bought online and with local Dallas insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Texas? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)