How long has it been since you compared quotes for more competitive insurance rates in Highland Village, TX? Highland Village drivers have options when trying to find affordable car insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to compare prices or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There is a better way to compare insurance rates and you need to know the best way to quote coverages on a and get the cheapest rates from Highland Village insurance agents and online providers.
If you have a current insurance policy or need new coverage, take advantage of these tips to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. These techniques will familiarize you with how auto insurance companies operate and some tricks to saving. Shoppers just need to use the quickest method to compare price quotes from multiple carriers.
The quickest method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons is to understand most of the larger companies will pay a fee to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data including your credit rating estimate, the year, make and model of vehicles, level of coverage desired, and how your vehicles are used. That rating information is then sent to multiple car insurance providers and you should receive rate quotes almost instantly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Highland Village, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$1,210||$605||$101|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Crew||$1,208||$604||$101|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$1,474||$737||$123|
|Ford Edge SEL AWD||$1,292||$646||$108|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$870||$435||$73|
|Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$976||$488||$81|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,258||$629||$105|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,230||$615||$103|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$856||$428||$71|
|Honda Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$1,242||$621||$104|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$1,278||$639||$107|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$1,516||$758||$126|
|Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,088||$544||$91|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,322||$661||$110|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,214||$607||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in your specific Highland Village location which can affect insurance rates considerably.
An analysis of deductible level
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can affect Dodge Ram annual premium costs for each age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Dodge Ram rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Yearly auto insurance costs for men versus women
The example below illustrates the difference between insurance prices for male and female drivers in Highland Village. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Nissan Altima 3.5 SR.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost all lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Texas is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so it's important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Learn how to lower your insurance costs
Part of the insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- How old are your drivers? - Inexperience drivers have been known to be easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. Older people are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets.
- Single drivers take more risk - Having a spouse actually saves money when shopping for insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? - Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Gender and insurance coverage - Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn't mean females are better at driving than males. Women and men are in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but males tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Avoid policy lapses - Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a sure-fire way to bump up your insurance costs. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you fines or a revoked license.
Affordable rates with discounts
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even know about. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be asked for before being credited.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO may permit one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a house in Highland Village can help you save on insurance since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Use Seat Belts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Multiple Cars - Insuring all your vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Distant College Student Discount - Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Highland Village auto insurance.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, you're out of luck.
For a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Texas, follow this link.
Be persistent to save money
We just presented some good ideas how you can save on insurance in Highland Village. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Highland Village auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates come from a small local company.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, high prices, unfair underwriting practices and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
Some insurance companies don't offer online rate quotes and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Cheaper insurance in Highland Village is possible both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
More information can be found below: