If you are a novice to online auto insurance shopping, by this point your are probably bewildered because of the huge number of online auto insurance companies and websites selling insurance in Houston.
Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. Consumers in Texas could save as much as $1,800 a year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates and save money.
There are several ways of comparing price quotes from many auto insurance companies in Texas. The easiest way to find cheaper Ford F-150 rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons helps locate lower pricing.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Houston, TX. If you want the best car insurance in Texas, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$158||$200||$382||$22||$114||$876||$73|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$190||$302||$392||$24||$118||$1,026||$86|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$252||$468||$462||$28||$138||$1,348||$112|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$202||$322||$388||$24||$116||$1,052||$88|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$180||$338||$430||$26||$128||$1,102||$92|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$156||$252||$430||$26||$128||$992||$83|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$268||$376||$392||$24||$118||$1,178||$98|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$282||$502||$430||$26||$128||$1,368||$114|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$364||$598||$514||$30||$154||$1,660||$138|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$156||$252||$430||$26||$128||$992||$83|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$240||$328||$382||$22||$114||$1,086||$91|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$202||$316||$514||$30||$154||$1,216||$101|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$272||$328||$500||$30||$150||$1,280||$107|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$318||$476||$400||$24||$120||$1,338||$112|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$176||$252||$400||$24||$120||$972||$81|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$234||$256||$500||$30||$150||$1,170||$98|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$264||$460||$462||$28||$138||$1,352||$113|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$410||$728||$514||$30||$154||$1,836||$153|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$186||$288||$392||$24||$118||$1,008||$84|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$336||$544||$392||$24||$118||$1,414||$118|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$332||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,346||$112|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$422||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,694||$141|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$286||$512||$430||$26||$128||$1,382||$115|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$378||$496||$500||$30||$150||$1,554||$130|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$234||$312||$500||$30||$150||$1,226||$102|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$186||$338||$392||$24||$118||$1,058||$88|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$260||$496||$366||$22||$110||$1,254||$105|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$302||$538||$392||$24||$118||$1,374||$115|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$362||$672||$462||$28||$138||$1,662||$139|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$196||$360||$430||$26||$128||$1,140||$95|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$224||$422||$462||$28||$138||$1,274||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can influence rates considerably.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The example below examines Ford F-150 car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The rate quotes are based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no set rule to stop buying full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's assume your Ford F-150 replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $700 annually to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
Auto insurance premiums based on gender
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Ford F-150 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Affordable rates by earning discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Low Mileage - Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with substantially lower prices.
- Student Discounts - Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- No Claims - Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared with bad drivers.
- Driver's Education for Students - Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver's education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Organization Discounts - Being a member of certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on insurance.
- Paperwork-free - Some larger companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on the web.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, accident-free, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, anti-theft, military active duty, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, air bags, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO discounts include homeowner, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, safe driver, anti-theft, and accident prevention training.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for distant student, switch companies, pay in full, good student, alternative fuel, and homeowner.
- AAA includes discounts for education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good student, anti-theft, multi-car, multi-policy, and pay-in-full.
- USAA offers premium reductions for family discount, annual mileage, new vehicle, driver training, and vehicle storage.
It's a good idea to ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not be offered in Houston. To find providers with significant discounts in Houston, click this link.
Components of Your Ford F-150 Insurance Rates
When buying car insurance it's important to understand some of the factors that help calculate your car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you better car insurance rates.
- Lower premiums for safer cars - Safe vehicles cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid and lower rates for you. If your Ford F-150 scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? - Many car insurance companies will give a discount to policyholders who buy several policies from them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, consumers should still compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. You may still save even more than the discount by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Getting married can save on car insurance - Getting married may earn you lower rates on car insurance. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Prevent your car from being stolen - Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop your car from being stolen.
- Ford F-150 claim probability - Car insurance companies use statistical claims data to help determine rates. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehiclescombined as an average is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or tendancy to have larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford F-150 Models
Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Houston insurance agencies
Some people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can find better rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you can always visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurer shouldn't rely on just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
When finding a reliable agent, it's important to understand the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents write business for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Houston willing to provide price quotes.
- Scott McNab - State Farm Insurance Agent
1005 Waugh Dr b - Houston, TX 77019 - (713) 520-5556 - View Map
- State Farm: Al Johnson
8121 Broadway St #230 - Houston, TX 77061 - (281) 481-5778 - View Map
- James Banks - State Farm Insurance Agent
4809 Main St - Houston, TX 77002 - (713) 523-7100 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies through many companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, we highly recommend that you contact multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Houston that are able to give price quotes.
- Pasadena Insurance Agency, Inc.
99 Detering St #280 - Houston, TX 77007 - (713) 869-6991 - View Map
- Memorial Insurance Agency, LLC
13624 Memorial Dr - Houston, TX 77079 - (713) 461-8272 - View Map
- Deborah A. Olson Insurance Agency, Inc.
10592 Fuqua St - Houston, TX 77089 - (281) 481-1903 - View Map
Find cheap rates by being thorough
You just learned many tips how you can compare Ford F-150 insurance prices in Houston. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting low cost Houston car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
Some insurance companies don't offer online rate quotes and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced Ford F-150 insurance in Houston can be found online as well as from independent agents in Houston, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
While you're price shopping online, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed full coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
More detailed insurance information is available in these articles:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)