Finding low-cost insurance for a new or used Honda Accord in Texas can be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to find lower rates.
There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a new or used Honda and locate the cheapest rates from both online companies and Houston agents.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes occasionally because auto insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the lowest rate on Honda Accord insurance in Houston a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we're going to show you how to quote online to save on auto insurance.
The method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Honda Accord insurance in Houston is to understand most larger insurance companies participate in a system to give you rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as if you went to college, the year, make and model of vehicles, if your license is active, and what you do for a living. Those rating factors is sent automatically to insurance carriers in your area and they respond with quotes within a short period of time.
To compare rates for your Honda Accord now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Texas. To locate cheap auto insurance in Texas, we recommend you get prices from several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$400||$366||$22||$110||$1,118||$93|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$346||$310||$18||$94||$968||$81|
|Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$292||$408||$424||$26||$128||$1,278||$107|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$378||$392||$24||$118||$1,116||$93|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$476||$340||$20||$102||$1,184||$99|
|Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$266||$310||$18||$94||$830||$69|
|Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$288||$672||$520||$30||$156||$1,666||$139|
|Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$282||$660||$560||$34||$168||$1,704||$142|
|Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$262||$462||$440||$26||$132||$1,322||$110|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Information does not factor in your specific Houston location which can influence price quotes noticeably.
How high should deductibles be?
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Honda Accord insurance costs for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Get discounts on Houston insurance
Insurance can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but a few need to be specially asked for before being credited. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Data Collection Discounts - Drivers who elect to allow companies to look at driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Distant College Student Discount - Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Cautious Driver Discount - Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Senior Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver's education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren't that generous.
Some companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need lower rates, check with every company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Houston. To choose insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, click this link.
Local insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to have an agent's advice and that can be a smart move Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find the best rates but also keep your business local. And buying from local insurance agents is definitely important in Houston.
By using this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area that can provide free Houston car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
The following is a list of insurance companies in Houston who can help you get price quote information for Honda Accord insurance in Houston.
- State Farm: Jack Wallace
3405 Mercer St - Houston, TX 77027 - (713) 626-7500 - View Map
- Bob Goodwin - State Farm Insurance Agent
1616 Clear Lake City Blvd #107 - Houston, TX 77062 - (281) 486-9100 - View Map
- Texas Insurance Agency
719 Shotwell St - Houston, TX 77026 - (713) 675-2626 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Harris County Insurance Agency
13030 Woodforest Blvd b - Houston, TX 77015 - (713) 451-5716 - View Map
Finding a good insurer is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Houston?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Who are their largest clients?
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate Honda Accord Insurance Prices
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but some are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the things that are used to determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in better car insurance rates.
Where you live plays a part - Having an address in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when talking about car insurance. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Lower population translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Costs are impacted by vehicle performance - The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your rates. The most favorable rates are usually found on economy passenger cars, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price. Since the Honda Accord is considered a passenger car, insurance will be similar in price or lower when compared to the average rates in Houston.
Safer cars lower prices - Safe vehicles tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy.
Gender as a rate factor - The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn't prove that women are better drivers. They both get in fender benders in similar numbers, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
How much liability do you need? - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you if ever a court rules you are at fault for an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
Vehicle theft costs us all - Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop your car from being stolen.
High coverage deductibles cost less - The deductibles define how much you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are rearending another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The larger the amount you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Save money by eliminating extra coverages - Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't careful. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
Loss probability for a Honda Accord - Car insurance companies factor in insurance loss information when setting premium rates. Models that have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates. The table below shows the historical loss data for Honda Accord vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probablilty for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Honda Accord Models
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda Accord Hybrid||96||80||98||89||76||84|
|Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 2WD||85||97||83||122||113||94|
|Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 4WD||99||102||94||120||93|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost, auto insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Honda Accord, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Honda at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Honda gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Texas overpays more than $869 every year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare Honda Accord insurance prices in Houston. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Honda Accord insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from an unexpected company.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim and unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is easier than you think.
More learning opportunities
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Texas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Texas Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)