Overpriced Chrysler 200 insurance in San Antonio can eat up your personal savings and force you to tighten up your finances. Doing a price comparison is recommended to lower your bills every month.
Sadly, almost 70% of insureds have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Most drivers in San Antonio could cut their rates by roughly $1,766 a year by just shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find cheap insurance by shopping around. Popular companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO promote their brand names with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to avoid their marketing magic and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Consumers should take time to check insurance prices at least once a year because prices change quite often. Just because you found the best rates on Chrysler 200 insurance in San Antonio last year you can probably find a better premium rate now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the easiest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you're already insured or are looking for a new policy, use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. Finding the cheapest coverage in San Antonio can be easy if you know a few tricks. Consumers just have to use the most effective way to shop for auto insurance online.
The following companies can provide quotes in Texas. To buy cheap car insurance in Texas, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Choosing the best Chrysler vehicle insurance in Texas is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your 200, most banks will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Chrysler at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Chrysler 200. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Chrysler as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is overpaying over $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Texas consumers can't get away from ads that claim the lowest prices by 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to convey the message that you'll save big after switching to their company.
That's great but how can every company charge you less for car insurance? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies have specific criteria for the type of insured that will be a good risk. For example, a desirable insured could possibly be a female over age 40, has a clean driving record, and has a short commute. A customer that matches those criteria will most likely get cheap premium rates and is almost guaranteed to save money with a new company.
Potential insureds who cannot meet this ideal profile will have to pay more expensive rates which results in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say "customers that switch" not "all people who quote" save that much when switching. That's why insurance companies can confidently lure you into getting a quote.
Different companies use different criteria so it's extremely important to compare quotes as often as possible. It's impossible to know which insurance company will give you lower premium rates than your current company.
Save a ton by applying discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may find discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Payment Method - If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Early Switch Discount - A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you buy San Antonio car insurance online.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with one company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Resident Student - Kids who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Life Insurance - Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower premium rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not really a discount, but some insurance companies allow you one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a set time period.
- No Claims - Drivers who don't have accidents can save substantially compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
You should keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won't be that lucky.
Car insurance companies who may offer some of the above discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some credits may not be offered in every state. To locate insurers that offer discounts in San Antonio, follow this link.
Insurance agencies near you
A lot of people just prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local insurance agencies is important particularly in San Antonio.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is emailed to insurance agents in San Antonio who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you want to buy insurance from a local San Antonio insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents in San Antonio are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can do a good job, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part.
When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in San Antonio who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
Mesquite Insurance Agency
501 W Quincy St - San Antonio, TX 78212 - (210) 472-3034 - View Map
Legion Insurance Agency
5309 Wurzbach Rd - San Antonio, TX 78230 - (210) 693-1501 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in San Antonio that can give you comparison quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- If they are an independent agency in San Antonio, which companies do they recommend?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in San Antonio?
Upon getting good feedback to your questions and a low price estimate, it's possible that you found an insurance agent that is professional and can provide insurance coverage.
When to get professional advice
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions might point out if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- What is glass protection for?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
When searching for inexpensive San Antonio car insurance quotes, it's not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cost effective Chrysler 200 insurance can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in San Antonio, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not have price quotes online and these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agents.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Civic in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Active Military in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Electric Cars in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21 in Texas? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)