Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for cheaper Dodge Ram insurance in Austin? Have you fallen victim to an expensive insurance policy? You're in good company because many Austin drivers feel the same as you.
Astonishing but true, nearly 70% of Texas drivers have remained with the same insurance company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. The average driver in America can save up to 46.5% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the rate savings if they switched.
You have so many car insurance companies to pick from, and although it's a good thing to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to locate the cheapest rates for Dodge Ram insurance in Austin.
Locating the best rates in Austin is quite easy. If you are insured now, you will be able to get lower rates using these tips. But Texas vehicle owners must learn how the larger insurance companies calculate their prices.
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from local Austin car insurance companies. The quickest method to find cheaper Dodge Ram rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it replaces the need to physically go to each insurance agency near you. The ability to quote Dodge Ram insurance online eliminates this option unless you require the professional abilities that you can only get from talking to an agent. It is possible to compare the best prices online and still use a local agent. When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Texas. To locate the best cheap car insurance in Texas, it's highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$254||$420||$486||$28||$146||$1,334||$111|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$362||$682||$520||$30||$156||$1,750||$146|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$318||$610||$486||$28||$146||$1,588||$132|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$286||$486||$452||$26||$136||$1,386||$116|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$232||$392||$452||$26||$136||$1,238||$103|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$286||$486||$486||$28||$146||$1,432||$119|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$358||$580||$440||$26||$132||$1,536||$128|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$208||$332||$404||$24||$122||$1,090||$91|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$318||$580||$486||$28||$146||$1,558||$130|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$288||$496||$414||$24||$124||$1,346||$112|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$334||$580||$582||$34||$174||$1,704||$142|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$288||$496||$414||$24||$124||$1,346||$112|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$260||$368||$564||$34||$168||$1,394||$116|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$404||$802||$520||$30||$156||$1,912||$159|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$300||$472||$430||$26||$128||$1,356||$113|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$400||$684||$440||$26||$132||$1,682||$140|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$404||$802||$520||$30||$156||$1,912||$159|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$344||$472||$564||$34||$168||$1,582||$132|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$318||$694||$486||$28||$146||$1,672||$139|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$288||$614||$560||$34||$168||$1,664||$139|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can change premiums considerably.
Annual premiums comparing men and women
The information below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Affordable rates by earning discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always advertise every discount they offer in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you. If you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking time to complete a driver safety course could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car model is cheaper since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Claim-Free Discount - Drivers who don't have accidents get the best auto insurance rates in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving less can earn substantially lower premium rates.
- 55 and Retired - Mature drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- E-sign - A few larger online companies provide a small discount shop Austin auto insurance online.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Just being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Clubs and Organizations - Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren't that generous. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your overall premium however.
Larger auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Travelers includes discounts for student away at school, multi-policy, home ownership, driver training, new car, and good student.
- 21st Century discounts include automatic seat belts, air bags, homeowners, teen driver, and student driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for anti-theft, multiple autos, passive restraint, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and good student.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for driver training, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, federal employee, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO has discounts for safe driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, drive less, teen safe driver, anti-theft, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good driver, pay-in-full, and good student.
If you need inexpensive Austin auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Austin.
What Determines Dodge Ram Insurance Costs?
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in cheaper rates.
The items below are a few of the things that factor into your prices.
- Less chance of injury means lower rates - Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Dodge Ram scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Combine and save - Most larger car insurance companies afford discounts to policyholders who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still save more without the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Single drivers take more risk - Your spouse actually saves money on your policy. It is viewed as being more stable financially and it's statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Where you reside is a factor - Having an address in a rural area may provide you with better prices when it comes to car insurance. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. People who live in big cities have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. More time on the road means more chance of being in an accident.
Car insurance is available from agents near you
Many people would rather talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your coverage. You never need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an company shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What companies can they write with?
If you receive answers to your satisfaction to your questions and an acceptable price quote, you've probably found an provider that meets your needs to adequately provide car insurance.
Car insurance can be complex
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you might need an agent's assistance.
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Does my Dodge Ram qualify for pleasure use?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- What policy terms are available?
If you're not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
The best rates come from being thorough
Lower-priced Dodge Ram insurance in Austin is attainable online and from local insurance agents, so get free Austin auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don't offer online rate quotes and usually these small insurance companies sell through local independent agencies.
While you're price shopping online, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost.
We just showed you some good ideas how to lower your Dodge Ram insurance rates in Austin. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting low cost Austin auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Texas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Texas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for College Students in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Texas? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Waco, TX? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)