How long has it been since you compared quotes for more affordable Dodge Journey insurance in Dallas? Beginners to buying insurance online are likely to discover buying the cheapest Dodge Journey insurance in Dallas can be quite difficult.
A study showed that most consumers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in Dallas could save about $1,770 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they feel it's too difficult to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you already have coverage, you will surely be able to save money using the techniques presented in this article. This article will teach you how insurance works and some money-saving tips. Nevertheless, Texas drivers do need to learn the way insurance companies determine what you pay because rates are impacted by many factors.
Don't overlook these Dodge Journey insurance discounts
Auto insurance companies don't necessarily list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Auto/Life Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Good Students Pay Less - A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings up to 30%.
- Memberships - Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on insurance.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Save over 55 - Older drivers may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and GEICO will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Policyholders that allow driving data collection to look at driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Journey insurance in Dallas.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
To see a list of insurers who offer discounts in Texas, click this link.
All major auto insurance companies give insurance quotes from their websites. Comparing Dodge Journey insurance rates online is very simple as all you need to do is type in your coverage information into the form. Upon sending the form, the system makes automated requests for your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote based on many factors.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Dodge Journey insurance in Dallas helps simplify price comparisons, and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get a lower rate.
To find out what other companies charge, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy your coverages as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive a fair comparison based on identical coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Dallas, TX. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Dallas, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Journey SE 2WD||$206||$338||$430||$26||$128||$1,128||$94|
|Journey SXT 2WD||$282||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,516||$126|
|Journey R/T 2WD||$336||$544||$392||$24||$118||$1,414||$118|
|Journey SXT Crew 2WD||$256||$412||$358||$22||$108||$1,156||$96|
|Journey SXT AWD||$176||$306||$430||$26||$128||$1,066||$89|
|Journey R/T AWD||$362||$802||$462||$28||$138||$1,792||$149|
|Journey SXT Crew AWD||$422||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,800||$150|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific location which can alter rates noticeably.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below shows the comparison of Dodge Journey car insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The rates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no set rule to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Dodge Journey book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $200 a year for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Auto insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can affect Dodge Journey annual premium costs for each different age group. The data is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can change Dodge Journey premium costs for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance is available from local insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Dallas.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Dallas who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to do any legwork because prices are sent instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Two types of Dallas auto insurance agents
If you need to find a good Dallas insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Dallas are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you include at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Most also write with companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Dallas who may provide competitive price quotes.
- Porter-Brandenburg Agency
12160 Abrams Rd - Dallas, TX 75243 - (972) 234-5588 - View Map
- Bankhead Insurance Agency LLC
10935 Estate Ln #380 - Dallas, TX 75238 - (214) 343-1333 - View Map
- Sheaner Insurance, LLP
2501 Abrams Rd - Dallas, TX 75214 - (214) 823-3003 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Dallas willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Mike Baker - State Farm Insurance Agent
3400 Carlisle St Ste 470 - Dallas, TX 75204 - (214) 780-0900 - View Map
- Carlos Luevano - State Farm Insurance Agent
4444 W Illinois Ave #304 - Dallas, TX 75211 - (214) 337-8888 - View Map
- Larry Sandlin - State Farm Insurance Agent
4560 W Mockingbird Ln #120 - Dallas, TX 75209 - (214) 526-5227 - View Map
Choosing an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- How experiences are they in personal risk management?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Dallas?
Be persistent and save
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver and even questionable increases in premium. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
You just learned a lot of information how to find cheaper Dodge Journey insurance in Dallas. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from the least-expected company.
As you quote Dallas car insurance, it's very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
More detailed insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Texas Car Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Texas? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Waco, TX? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Texas? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)