Want to know an easy way to compare low-cost Ford F-150 insurance in Dallas? Online price comparisons for cheap F-150 insurance is challenging if you haven't ever compared insurance using quoting online. Don't let that stop you because finding lower prices for Ford F-150 insurance in Dallas is easier than you think.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Dallas drivers could save approximately 70% every year just by comparing rates, but they just don't understand the amount of money they would save if they switched.
Consumers need to take a look at other company's rates before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best price on Ford F-150 insurance in Dallas at your last renewal a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to one of the best ways to find better coverage on Ford F-150 insurance in Dallas at a better price.
Companies offering Ford F-150 insurance in Texas
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Texas. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Texas, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$198||$266||$358||$22||$108||$952||$79|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$326||$486||$500||$30||$150||$1,492||$124|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$246||$502||$430||$26||$128||$1,332||$111|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$246||$476||$430||$26||$128||$1,306||$109|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$160||$272||$358||$22||$108||$920||$77|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$272||$328||$500||$30||$150||$1,280||$107|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$156||$252||$400||$24||$120||$952||$79|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$140||$212||$358||$22||$108||$840||$70|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$272||$328||$500||$30||$150||$1,280||$107|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$374||$486||$500||$30||$150||$1,540||$128|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$288||$468||$462||$28||$138||$1,384||$115|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$254||$420||$430||$26||$128||$1,258||$105|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$230||$372||$496||$30||$148||$1,276||$106|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$302||$376||$392||$24||$118||$1,212||$101|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$200||$252||$388||$24||$116||$980||$82|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$176||$252||$430||$26||$128||$1,012||$84|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$206||$312||$382||$22||$114||$1,036||$86|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$318||$610||$430||$26||$128||$1,512||$126|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$356||$670||$496||$30||$148||$1,700||$142|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$232||$392||$430||$26||$128||$1,208||$101|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$300||$492||$514||$30||$154||$1,490||$124|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$286||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,356||$113|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$256||$412||$358||$22||$108||$1,156||$96|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$186||$288||$392||$24||$118||$1,008||$84|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$356||$670||$496||$30||$148||$1,700||$142|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$176||$360||$400||$24||$120||$1,080||$90|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$356||$788||$496||$30||$148||$1,818||$152|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$286||$572||$400||$24||$120||$1,402||$117|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$258||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,264||$105|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$292||$462||$388||$24||$116||$1,282||$107|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$260||$368||$500||$30||$150||$1,308||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in garaging location in Dallas which can affect premiums significantly.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Ford F-150 insurance prices for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Gender-based auto insurance premiums
The example below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-150 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Companies offer many discounts on Ford F-150 insurance in Dallas
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Most are applied when you get a quote, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Payment Method - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Student Driver Training - Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in high school.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Driving Data Discount - Dallas drivers who agree to allow their company to study driving habits by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- No Claim Discounts - Dallas drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates it's possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- Esurance may have discounts that include anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, renters, Switch & Save, good driver, and safety device.
- The Hartford may include discounts for defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, bundle, and good student.
- AAA may offer discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, multi-car, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and good driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, driver training, federal employee, multi-policy, military active duty, and seat belt use.
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, multiple autos, driver's education, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
Before buying, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in every state. To find providers that offer some of these discounts in Texas, click this link.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When selecting your policy, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every insured's situation is different.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Is my Ford F-150 covered for smoke damage?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Does my Ford F-150 qualify for pleasure use?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
If you're not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Local Dallas insurance agents and car insurance
Certain consumers still like to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find lower premium rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Dallas who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won't need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Dallas, get answers to these questions.
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Dallas?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
If you want a reliable insurance agent, it's important to understand the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance policy providers are considered either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Dallas willing to provide price quotes.
- John Hall - State Farm Insurance Agent
3110 Webb Ave #205 - Dallas, TX 75205 - (972) 807-2051 - View Map
- Roxy Brown - State Farm Insurance Agent
12640 E Northwest Hwy, Ste 408 - Dallas, TX 75228 - (972) 681-6128 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jonathan Crisler
1350 N Buckner Blvd #218 - Dallas, TX 75218 - (214) 324-7676 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you need lower rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Dallas willing to provide price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: The Rod Hanks Agency Inc
6300 Samuell Blvd #05 - Dallas, TX 75228 - (214) 275-8372 - View Map
- Steven Graves Insurance
11300 N Central Expy #430 - Dallas, TX 75243 - (214) 599-0808 - View Map
- Associations Insurance Agency, Inc.
5401 N Central Expy Suite 200 - Dallas, TX 75205 - (866) 384-8579 - View Map
Insurance companies are expert advertisers
Well-known insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads on television and other media. All the companies make an identical promise about how much you will save if you change your coverage to them. How is it possible that every company can save you money on Ford F-150 insurance in Dallas? It's all in the numbers.
All the different companies have specific characteristics for the type of customer that will generate a profit. A good example of a profitable customer may need to be between the ages of 30 and 45, has a clear driving record, and has great credit. Any customer who meets those qualifications will get very good Dallas car insurance rates and will also save money with a new company.
Potential insureds who don't qualify for these standards will have to pay higher premiums which usually ends up with the customer buying from someone else. The ad wording is "customers who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that much money. This is how companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. Because each company has a different risk profile, drivers should do a rate comparison at every renewal. It's not possible to predict which insurance companies will have the best rates at this point in time.
Cheap insurance premiums are possible
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim and not issuing a premium refund. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We just presented a lot of techniques to reduce Ford F-150 insurance rates online in Dallas. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting low cost Dallas car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest rates are with a small mutual company.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Nurses in Texas? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Carrollton, Texas? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)