How long has it been since the last time you looked for cheaper Chevy Silverado insurance in Dallas? I can't think of anyone who looks forward to buying insurance, in particular when it costs too dang much.
A recent survey discovered that most insurance policyholders have bought insurance from the same company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Dallas drivers could save almost 70% each year, but they just feel it's too hard to compare other rate quotes.
Insurance companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO continually bombard you with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the propaganda and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It's a great practice to price shop coverage yearly because rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the best rate on Chevy Silverado insurance in Dallas on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. There are lots of tips to save on Silverado insurance online, but you can learn the best ways to quit paying high insurance rates in Dallas.
Most larger insurance companies give pricing online. Getting online rates for Chevy Silverado insurance in Dallas is pretty easy as you simply type in your required coverages as detailed in the form. After you submit the form the company's rating system makes automated requests for reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price determined by many factors. Being able to quote online for Chevy Silverado insurance in Dallas simplifies rate comparisons, and it's absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get the best rate possible.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, check out the insurance providers below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended that you enter the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you're receiving rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in Dallas, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$246||$460||$560||$34||$168||$1,468||$122|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$136||$264||$430||$26||$128||$984||$82|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$326||$610||$582||$34||$174||$1,726||$144|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$206||$392||$452||$26||$136||$1,212||$101|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$282||$610||$430||$26||$128||$1,476||$123|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$206||$412||$430||$26||$128||$1,202||$100|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$254||$512||$486||$28||$146||$1,426||$119|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$282||$560||$560||$34||$168||$1,604||$134|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$208||$392||$358||$22||$108||$1,088||$91|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$332||$584||$430||$26||$128||$1,500||$125|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$186||$338||$392||$24||$118||$1,058||$88|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$288||$594||$414||$24||$124||$1,444||$120|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$318||$684||$452||$26||$136||$1,616||$135|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$318||$718||$430||$26||$128||$1,620||$135|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$422||$698||$564||$34||$168||$1,886||$157|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$286||$572||$400||$24||$120||$1,402||$117|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$286||$694||$430||$26||$128||$1,564||$130|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$318||$666||$358||$22||$108||$1,472||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in garaging location in Dallas which can alter coverage rates considerably.
Choosing the best Silverado insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Silverado in Dallas, auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy with a loan, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Don't be fooled by advertising claims
Auto insurance providers like Allstate and Progressive seem to constantly run ads on TV and radio. All the companies advertise the message that people will save if you change your policy. How does every company make almost identical claims? It's all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of insured they prefer to insure. For example, a driver they prefer might have to be between the ages of 40 and 55, owns a home, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Someone who matches that profile will get very good Dallas car insurance rates and have a good chance to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who fall short of these criteria will probably have to pay higher rates which results in the prospect going elsewhere. The trick is to say "drivers that switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that kind of money. That's the way companies can make claims like that.
Different companies use different criteria so drivers must compare free Dallas car insurance quotes often. Because you never know with any certainty which company will have the best rates at this point in time.
Insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before you get the savings. If you're not getting every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Chevy could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Student in College - Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Employee of Federal Government - Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Dallas car insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Onboard Data Collection - Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to track driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Progressive's Snapshot could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since new vehicles are generally safer.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Own a Home - Just owning your own home can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, you aren't that lucky.
The best insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for youthful driver, teen driver, multi-car, bundle discounts, and good student.
- Esurance discounts include DriveSense, anti-lock brakes, paid-in-full, safety device, and anti-theft.
- State Farm offers discounts including good student, passive restraint, anti-theft, accident-free, and good driver.
- GEICO has discounts for five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, anti-theft, driver training, defensive driver, and emergency military deployment.
- Allstate has savings for utility vehicle, eSmart discount, new car, EZ pay plan discount, good payer, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
If you need lower rates, check with each company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available in Dallas. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with the best discounts in Texas, click this link.
Are car insurance agents a thing of the past?
A small number of people still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision A good thing about getting online price quotes is you can get better rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local agencies is still important in Dallas.
By using this simple form, your information is sent to companies in Dallas that provide free Dallas car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can write business through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to find a new agent. If you need lower rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Dallas that can give you comparison quotes.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are Dallas exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
Choosing the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Dallas should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- What happens if I owe more than my Chevy Silverado is worth?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- What is PIP insurance?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Dallas can be bought on the web in addition to many Dallas insurance agents, so you need to quote Dallas car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies don't offer rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies work with local independent agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it's a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim and high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is actually quite simple.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located at these sites:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Civic in Texas? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Texas Car Insurance for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)