Are you tired of trying to find more affordable Acura RDX insurance in San Antonio? Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy high-priced Acura RDX insurance in San Antonio? Trust us when we tell you you are not the only one feeling buyer's remorse.
A recent insurance study discovered that nearly 70% of customers have been with the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in Texas can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Consumers have so many insurance companies to pick from, and although it's nice to be able to choose, more options can take longer to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes occasionally because insurance rates change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates on Acura RDX insurance in San Antonio on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because it's time to teach you how to use online quotes to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Acura RDX Insurance
Many different elements are used when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings.
Do you know your coverage deductibles? - Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Acura. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a broken side mirror, hail damage, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be.
Poor driving habits leads to higher costs - Being a careful driver can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Getting just one speeding ticket can bump up the cost substantially. Attentive drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have gotten flagrant citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
Get better costs if you're married - Being married may save some money when shopping for car insurance. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
With age comes lower premiums - Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable.Youthful drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Bundle policies and save - Many insurers will award discounts to policyholders who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it's still a good idea to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a chance you can save money by buying from different companies
Insurance loss data for Acura RDX vehicles - Insurers factor in historical loss data to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that statistically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher cost to insure. The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Acura RDX vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Acura RDX Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura RDX 4dr 2WD||64||75||57||67||67||71|
|Acura RDX 4dr 4WD||68||79||79||68||66||60|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Most major insurance companies provide prices directly from their websites. Comparing Acura RDX insurance rates online is quite simple because you just enter your required coverages as detailed in the form. After you submit the form the company's rating system gets your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information based on the information you submitted. This simplifies rate comparisons, and it's very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find a lower rate.
To find out what other companies charge, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you will be getting rate comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Texas. If you want cheaper auto insurance in San Antonio, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$270||$472||$324||$20||$96||$1,182||$99|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$208||$392||$304||$18||$92||$1,014||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in San Antonio location which can influence insurance rates significantly.
Age-based auto insurance rates by gender
The information below shows the comparison of Acura RDX annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance ads are enticing
Texas drivers can't escape the ads for the lowest price insurance by companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies have a common claim that you'll save big if you just switch your insurance coverage to their company.
How can each company lower your rates? This is the trick they use.
Insurance companies can use profiling for the type of insured that will add to their bottom line. A good example of a profitable risk profile may be between the ages of 30 and 50, has other policies, and insures a new vehicle. A customer that hits that "sweet spot" will qualify for the lowest prices in San Antonio and therefore will save a lot on San Antonio Acura RDX insurance if they switch.
Insureds who do not fit these criteria will be charged higher premium rates with the end result being the customer buying from a different company. The wording the ads use say "drivers that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" can get the lowest rates when switching. That's why companies can truthfully make claims like that.
This really emphasizes why you need to do a quote comparison often. It is just not possible to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest rates for your situation.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Texas
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Acura RDX has a loan, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Acura at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Acura RDX but also your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so it's important to compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance policy discounts for Acura RDX insurance in San Antonio
Car insurance companies don't always publicize every discount they offer very well, so the next list breaks down some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on car insurance. If they aren't giving you every credit you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Federal Government Employee - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote San Antonio auto insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Multiple Cars - Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Data Collection Discounts - People who choose to allow companies to study their driving habits by using a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- No Claim Discounts - San Antonio drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on San Antonio auto insurance quote as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers who don't get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some larger companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current RDX insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for driver's education, safe vehicle, good driver, defensive driving training, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- GEICO may include discounts for driver training, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and membership and employees.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, online signing, and homeowner.
- 21st Century has savings for student driver, teen driver, 55 and older, good student, and defensive driver.
- American Family offers discounts including mySafetyValet, good student, accident-free, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, and bundled insurance.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for bundle, driver training, air bag, good student, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- AAA offers discounts for good student, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-car, good driver, multi-policy, and education and occupation.
If you need low cost San Antonio auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To view car insurance companies who offer discounts in San Antonio, click here.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important particularly in San Antonio.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to companies in San Antonio who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
What type of San Antonio car insurance agent is right for you?
If you are searching for a local insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agents in San Antonio can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both sell auto insurance policies, but it's good to learn the difference between them since it can affect the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to include at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in San Antonio who can help you get free price quotes.
Garcia Insurance Agency
1255 SW Military Dr - San Antonio, TX 78221 - (210) 593-8935 - View Map
Mesquite Insurance Agency
501 W Quincy St - San Antonio, TX 78212 - (210) 472-3034 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are San Antonio exclusive agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
Picking a insurance agency should depend on more than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How are claims handled?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- What companies can they write with?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in San Antonio?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
There's no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and your auto insurance should be unique as well. These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Acura RDX to commute?
- What does medical payments cover?
- What if I total my Acura RDX and owe more than it's worth?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Should I buy only the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
Affordable Acura RDX insurance in San Antonio is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote San Antonio auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not have online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
You just read a lot of tips how to reduce Acura RDX insurance auto insurance rates online in San Antonio. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Much more information about car insurance in Texas is located on the following sites:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Texas Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Texas Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Texas Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Texas? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Corpus Christi, Texas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Texas? (FAQ)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)