Are you tired of trying to find lower-priced Chevy Tahoe insurance in Houston? Did budget coverage turn out to be high-priced Chevy Tahoe insurance in Houston? Trust us when we tell you you are not the only one feeling buyer's remorse.
Statistics show that most auto insurance buyers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Houston drivers can save nearly $1,770 each year by just shopping around, but they don't want to spend time to shop their coverage around. Companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO promote their brand names with ad campaigns and it is difficult to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and find the best price available.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes periodically because prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the best deal on Chevy Tahoe insurance in Houston a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're about to find out the best methods to find better coverage on Chevy Tahoe insurance in Houston at a better price.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, take advantage of these tips to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Houston is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Smart buyers just have to use the quickest method to quote multiple rates online from multiple companies.
Cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but a few need to be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Senior Discount - Mature drivers could receive a small discount on rates.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Buy New and Save - Insuring a new Tahoe can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Houston auto insurance quotes online.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, that's just not realistic.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, safe vehicle, multiple policy, accident-free, and student away at school.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, and online signing.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
- MetLife has discounts for claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, accident-free, good driver
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for good student, multi-policy, renewal discount, safe driver, driver training, 55 and retired, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO may include discounts for military active duty, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, driver training, and air bags.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for homeowner, teen safe driver, drive less, anti-theft, bundle discounts, multi-car, and anti-lock brakes.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Houston. If you would like to view insurers who offer online Chevy Tahoe insurance quotes in Houston, click here.
The best way to compare rates for Chevy Tahoe insurance in Houston is to know the trick auto insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them some information such as the year, make and model of vehicles, marital status, if you have a valid license, and if a SR-22 is required. Your details gets sent immediately to all major companies and they provide comparison quotes within a short period of time.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Houston.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Houston, TX. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Texas, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tahoe LS 2WD||$282||$580||$400||$24||$120||$1,406||$117|
|Tahoe LS 4WD||$332||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,346||$112|
|Tahoe LT 2WD||$246||$368||$392||$24||$118||$1,148||$96|
|Tahoe LT 4WD||$410||$728||$514||$30||$154||$1,836||$153|
|Tahoe LTZ 2WD||$208||$392||$358||$22||$108||$1,088||$91|
|Tahoe LTZ 4WD||$232||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,238||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can raise or lower prices substantially.
Physical damage deductibles
The chart below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Chevrolet Tahoe annual premium costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
It's important that you understand the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that can help you get big savings.
Commute or pleasure use - The higher the mileage driven annually the more you will pay for car insurance. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your policy shows annual mileage, because it can save money. Improper usage on your Tahoe may be costing you higher rates.
Prevent theft and save money - Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
File a insurance claims and pay more - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you shouldn't be surprised to get increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Car insurance companies in Texas give cheaper rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Males pay more for insurance - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn't mean women are better drivers. Females and males cause fender benders at a similar rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
Traffic violations hurt - A bad driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Only having one chargable violation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers with flagrant violations like reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 form with their state's licensing department in order to continue driving.
Know your credit rating - Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in determining your rates. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit score is lower than you'd like, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Tahoe by improving your rating.
Multiple policies with one company - Lots of insurers provide a discount to buyers that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates. You may still be able to find a better deal even if you have your coverage with different companies
Chevy Tahoe claim probability - Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that statistically have higher loss trends will cost more for coverage. The table below shows the collected loss data for Chevy Tahoe vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendancy to have higher losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Tahoe Models
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Tahoe 4dr 2WD||82||90||105||70||63||88|
|Chevrolet Tahoe 4dr 4WD||83||89||103||68||62||80|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When it comes to buying coverage, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Every insured's situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- What happens if I owe more than my Chevy Tahoe is worth?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Houston insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to have an agent's advice and that is just fine! Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheaper premium rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Houston who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won't even need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- How are they compensated?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Once you have reasonable responses to your questions and the cheapest Chevrolet Tahoe insurance in Houston quotes, you have narrowed it down to a company that will insure your vehicles. Just remember consumers can cancel your coverage at any time so don't assume that you are obligated to a specific company for the entire policy term.
Buying the right Chevy vehicle insurance in Texas is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Frequent quotes can save
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim and poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
You just learned a lot of tips how to save on Chevy Tahoe insurance in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
As you quote Houston auto insurance, make sure you don't buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More learning opportunities
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Texas? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Mesquite, Texas? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Malibu in Texas? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)