Are you tired of trying to find lower-priced auto insurance rates in San Antonio, TX? San Antonio consumers have a choice when looking for low-cost Chevy Silverado insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents to compare prices or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance so you're going to learn the best way to compare rates for a Chevy and find the best price possible from both online companies and San Antonio agents.
If you are already insured or need a new policy, you can follow these tips to find better prices and still have adequate protection. This article will familiarize you with the best methods to compare rates. Drivers just have to know the most efficient way to shop from many different companies.
Cheapest companies for Chevy Silverado insurance in Texas
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Texas. In order to find cheap car insurance in Texas, we recommend you compare several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$136||$252||$452||$26||$136||$1,002||$84|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$204||$378||$462||$28||$138||$1,210||$101|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$206||$392||$486||$28||$146||$1,258||$105|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$374||$592||$564||$34||$168||$1,732||$144|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$254||$486||$400||$24||$120||$1,284||$107|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$230||$422||$366||$22||$110||$1,150||$96|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$298||$544||$444||$26||$132||$1,444||$120|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$202||$384||$582||$34||$174||$1,376||$115|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$288||$594||$366||$22||$110||$1,380||$115|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$356||$788||$560||$34||$168||$1,906||$159|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$232||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,302||$109|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$206||$368||$430||$26||$128||$1,158||$97|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$270||$472||$430||$26||$128||$1,326||$111|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$208||$392||$358||$22||$108||$1,088||$91|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$200||$360||$440||$26||$132||$1,158||$97|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$246||$434||$392||$24||$118||$1,214||$101|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$202||$486||$462||$28||$138||$1,316||$110|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$396||$908||$496||$30||$148||$1,978||$165|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower premium rates considerably.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there may be some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Military Rewards - Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings as much as 30%.
- Life Insurance Discount - Select companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Silverado insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Membership in Organizations - Being a member of a qualifying organization may earn a discount when getting a San Antonio auto insurance quote.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total Silverado insurance premium.
Don't be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, it's just not the way it works.
Large auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple autos, anti-theft, good driver, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance has savings for multi-car, renters, Switch & Save, claim free, DriveSense, emergency road assistance, and online quote.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new graduate, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, preferred payment discount, good student, and new move discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for safe vehicle, good student, multiple vehicles, paperless, group or association, and anti-lock brakes.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, membership and employees, good student, federal employee, and air bags.
When getting free San Antonio auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every company how many discounts you can get. Savings may not be offered in San Antonio. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer auto insurance discounts in San Antonio, follow this link.
When should I have guidance from an agent?
Some consumers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Most agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from small agencies is important especially in San Antonio.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information gets sent to companies in San Antonio who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Two types of San Antonio car insurance agents
If you need to find a local San Antonio insurance agency, it's important to understand the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in San Antonio are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can sell auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they are different because it can influence which agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you check rates from independent agents to maximize your price options. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in San Antonio that may be able to give price quotes.
- A.R.M. Insurance Agency
1534 W Contour Dr #101 - San Antonio, TX 78212 - (210) 828-7873 - View Map
- Bapodra Insurance Agency, Inc
8607 Wurzbach Rd #101 - San Antonio, TX 78240 - (210) 696-1133 - View Map
- Affordable Health Insurance Agency, LLC
7330 San Pedro Ave #150 - San Antonio, TX 78216 - (210) 738-3537 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in San Antonio that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Art Manzano - State Farm Insurance Agent
1255 SW Loop 410 Ste 135 - San Antonio, TX 78227 - (210) 670-0000 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8910 Bandera Rd #110 - San Antonio, TX 78250 - (210) 673-2391 - View Map
- Rivers Schara - State Farm Insurance Agent
1775 Encino Rio Boulevard - San Antonio, TX 78259 - (210) 496-9533 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. Any good agent in San Antonio should know the answers to these questions.
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
Save $457 a year. For real?
Consumers can't ignore all the ads that promise big savings from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. All the companies advertise claims that drivers can save some big amount if you move to their company.
How does each company offer you a better deal on Chevy Silverado insurance in San Antonio? This is how they do it.
All companies have specific criteria for the type of driver that is profitable for them. An example of this type of risk profile may be married and over the age of 30, has other policies, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. A propective insured that matches those criteria will most likely get cheap premium rates as well as pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
People who don't meet those criteria may receive a higher rate which results in the customer not buying. The ads say "drivers who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" can save as much as they claim. That is how companies can state the savings.
This illustrates why drivers should compare free San Antonio auto insurance quotes often. It is impossible to predict with any certainty which company will give you the biggest savings.
Affordable auto insurance premiums are out there
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or lack of trust in their agent. It doesn't matter what your reason, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
As you shop your coverage around, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an insured cut physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Low-cost Chevy Silverado insurance in San Antonio is attainable on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Texas Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Texas Car Insurance Rates for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Austin, Texas? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)