Nobody I know looks forward to buying car insurance, particularly when they could find better prices if they shop around.
Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of Texas car insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Many consumers in the United States can save $860 each year, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they moved their coverage to a different company.
You have so many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it's a good thing to have multiple companies, having more insurers makes it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost car insurance.
You should make it a habit to shop coverage around as often as possible since prices trend upward over time. If you had the best deal on car insurance six months ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you're about to learn the proper way to save on car insurance.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Ennis can really be easy if you know what you're doing. If you have a current car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using the ideas presented in this article. Nevertheless, Texas drivers should learn how the larger insurance companies calculate your car insurance rates.
The easiest way to get rate comparisons is to know car insurance companies allow for online access to compare rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is give the companies some data including your job, how much you drive, types of safety features, and how much coverage you want. The data gets sent immediately to multiple different insurance companies and they return rate quotes within a short period of time.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Ennis.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Texas. To buy cheap car insurance in Texas, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 4WD||$1,144||$572||$95|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$1,062||$531||$89|
|Chevrolet Malibu LS||$1,512||$756||$126|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,374||$687||$115|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$1,138||$569||$95|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,060||$530||$88|
|Ford F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$1,108||$554||$92|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,326||$663||$111|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,440||$720||$120|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$1,144||$572||$95|
|Honda Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$1,300||$650||$108|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$1,038||$519||$87|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$1,128||$564||$94|
|Mazda 3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,652||$826||$138|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,626||$813||$136|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,228||$614||$102|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,212||$606||$101|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$1,264||$632||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can modify coverage prices noticeably.
Auto insurance premiums based on gender
The chart below shows the comparison of car insurance costs for male and female drivers in Ennis. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in on a Hyundai Elantra GLS.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Driving violations and accidents
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders influence Chevrolet Malibu insurance costs for different age groups. Data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Should you raise deductibles?
One frequently asked question is where should you set your physical damage deductibles. The figures shown below can help show the differences in premium rates when you choose different physical damage deductibles. The first set of rates uses a $100 deductible for physical damage and the second rate table uses a $1,000 deductible.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$328||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,463||$122|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,611||$134|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$804||$476||$28||$142||$1,845||$154|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,611||$134|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,611||$134|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$412||$804||$382||$22||$114||$1,759||$147|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$412||$804||$382||$22||$114||$1,759||$147|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$312||$382||$22||$114||$1,012||$84|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,092||$91|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$424||$476||$28||$142||$1,276||$106|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,092||$91|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,092||$91|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$424||$382||$22||$114||$1,170||$98|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$424||$382||$22||$114||$1,170||$98|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence insurance rates significantly.
We can derive from the above data that using a $100 deductible will cost you approximately $45 more each month or $540 annually than choosing the higher $1,000 deductible. Because you would pay $900 more out of your own pocket with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you tend to go at a minimum 20 months between claims, you would probably come out ahead by going with a higher deductible.
Auto insurance in Texas serves several purposes
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Ennis, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it's most likely the lender will require you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for it.
- Auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver overpays more than $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
What determines how much you pay?
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower premium levels. Lots of things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but others are more transparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- Car plus home equals more savings - Lots of insurance companies will give discounts to insureds that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Advanced alarms and GPS tracking - Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- A insurance policy lapse can increase insurance rates - Not having insurance is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Youthful driver insurance premiums - More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.Teen drivers are proven to get distracted easily behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Liability coverage - Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
You may qualify for discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Membership in Organizations - Being in certain professional organizations may earn a discount when getting a Ennis auto insurance quote.
- Save with a New Car - Buying a new car model is cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies aren't that generous.
If you would like to see a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Ennis, follow this link.
Auto insurance can get complicated
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a "best" method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Buying car insurance from Ennis car insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Ennis who will return price quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Ennis should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How many companies do they write for?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Is there a local claims center in Ennis?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is the quote a firm price?
If you want a local Ennis insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents to choose from. Agencies in Ennis are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. These agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Upon receiving good feedback and cheap Ennis auto insurance quotes, you may have found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly service your car insurance policy.
Cheap rates are available
We covered many tips how you can lower your car insurance rates in Ennis. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Ennis auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company. Some small companies can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and usually these small, regional companies work with independent agencies. The cheapest car insurance in Ennis is possible from both online companies in addition to many Ennis insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional information can be read below: