Would you like an easy way to compare more affordable auto insurance rates in DeSoto, TX? DeSoto consumers have options when looking for the best price on car insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to get rate quotes. There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance so you're going to learn the quickest way to quote coverages for a and get the lowest price from both online companies and DeSoto agents.
Unbelievable but true, almost 70% of insureds have purchased from the same company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $2,700, DeSoto drivers could save themselves about $1,770 a year by just shopping around, but they just don't understand the amount of savings they would get if they changed companies.
Cheapest auto insurance price quotes in DeSoto
Finding a better price on auto insurance is a fairly straight forward process. Consumers just need to take time comparing free DeSoto auto insurance quotes online with multiple companies.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in DeSoto, TX. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Texas, it's highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 4WD||$1,116||$558||$93|
|Chevrolet Equinox LT 2WD||$1,010||$505||$84|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$1,634||$817||$136|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Hero||$1,634||$817||$136|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$1,258||$629||$105|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$748||$374||$62|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$1,348||$674||$112|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$996||$498||$83|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,144||$572||$95|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$1,314||$657||$110|
|Honda Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$1,090||$545||$91|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$950||$475||$79|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$888||$444||$74|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$952||$476||$79|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,588||$794||$132|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,402||$701||$117|
|Toyota Tacoma X-Runner 2WD||$1,256||$628||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific DeSoto garaging location which can decrease or increase prices significantly.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The chart below shows how violations and at-fault accidents increase Toyota Camry car insurance costs for each age group. The costs are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Get discounts to get affordable DeSoto car insurance quotes
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many people don't even know exist. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be manually applied before they will apply. If you're not getting every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- New Vehicle Savings - Insuring a new car can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Good Students Pay Less - A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage can earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Government Employee Discount - Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with a few car insurance companies.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying a policy with multiple cars with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Student Driver Training - Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver's education course as it can save substantially.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
Don't be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
A list of car insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Travelers offers discounts for early quote, multi-car, good student, new car, home ownership, and IntelliDrive.
- American Family has savings for accident-free, early bird, good student, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, and Steer into Savings.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-car, newly retired, good student, multi-policy, and hybrid vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some credits may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in DeSoto, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will force you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $820 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison every year to ensure rates are inline.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When buying insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Everyone's situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you might need professional guidance.
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my vehicle?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.