Locating low-cost insurance for a new or used Volvo XC60 in Texas can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance so you're going to learn the quickest way to compare rates for your Volvo and locate the cheapest rates from both online companies and Dallas agents.
It's important to take a look at other company's rates before your next renewal because prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the best deal on Volvo XC60 insurance in Dallas a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. There is lot of inaccurate information about XC60 insurance online, but by reading this article, you're going to learn some solid techniques on how to find cheap insurance in Dallas.
Getting more affordable insurance pricing is not a difficult process. The only requirement is to take the time to compare rate quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Texas. To locate cheap car insurance in Dallas, TX, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC60 3.2 2WD||$182||$312||$324||$20||$96||$934||$78|
|XC60 3.2 AWD||$318||$580||$340||$20||$102||$1,360||$113|
|XC60 T6 AWD AWD||$318||$684||$340||$20||$102||$1,464||$122|
|XC60 T6-R AWD AWD||$286||$486||$304||$18||$92||$1,186||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower insurance rates noticeably.
Should you buy full coverage?
The example below examines Volvo XC60 auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact formula to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Volvo XC60 claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $500 a year for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Earn discounts on Dallas insurance
Insurance can be pricey, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Select companies reward you with lower insurance rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Senior Citizens - Mature drivers may qualify for a slight reduction on a Dallas car insurance quote.
- Responsible Drivers - Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Good Students Pay Less - A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving fewer miles may allow you to get lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Switch and Save Discount - Select insurance companies give a discount for switching policies before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you buy Dallas car insurance online.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren't that generous.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, and military active duty.
- Allstate offers discounts including utility vehicle, EZ pay plan discount, senior citizen, anti-theft, and farm vehicle.
- SAFECO offers discounts for anti-theft, homeowner, bundle discounts, drive less, and teen safety rewards.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for good student, youthful driver, safe driver, renewal discount, and driver training.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, and good student.
- AAA may offer discounts for good driver, multi-car, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Savings might not be available to policyholders in Dallas. For a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Dallas, click here.
Compare prices but work with a local neighborhood Dallas car insurance agent
Some people still like to have an agent's advice and that is a personal choice. Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheaper prices and still choose a local agent. Buying from local insurance agents is especially important in Dallas.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to companies in Dallas who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You never need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any agent in Dallas should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Dallas?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
If you get reasonable responses to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, you may have found an insurance company that can be relied on to provide car insurance coverage. Keep in mind you can always cancel a policy whenever you choose to so never assume that you are permanently stuck with your new company with no way to switch.
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you could use an agent's help.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Volvo XC60?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Six Things That Determine Your Insurance Premiums
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that aid in calculating insurance rates. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine your premiums.
Do you know you're credit rating? - Having a bad credit score factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit score can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Volvo XC60 by spending a little time repairing your credit. People that have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit.
Males pay more for insurance coverage - The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Males and females get in accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 cause the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
Accidents drive up premiums - Your driving citation history has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Even one citation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have gotten serious violations like DUI or reckless driving may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Five star crash test rating saves money - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your Volvo XC60 scored better than an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
Does your employer cost you more? - Occupations such as military personnel, police officers, and medical professionals usually pay higher premium rates because of intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, careers such as professors, students and homemakers get better rates.
Annual mileage and car insurance costs - The more you drive in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies price each vehicle's coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Improper usage on your XC60 may be costing you higher rates. Ask your agent if your insurance policy correctly shows the right rating data, because it can save money.
Volvo XC60 claim probability - Insurance companies use claims history when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that statistically have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for coverage. The information below illustrates the historical loss data for Volvo XC60 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have higher losses.
Volvo XC60 Insurance Loss Statistics
|Specific Volvo Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo XC60 4dr 2WD||79||74||70||60||53||55|
|Volvo XC60 4dr 4WD||93||82||75||66||64||57|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volvo XC60 in Dallas, insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Volvo at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your Volvo and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Volvo gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to save money.
Cover all your bases
Lower-priced Volvo XC60 insurance in Dallas is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Dallas, so you need to shop Dallas car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don't offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
When you buy Dallas car insurance online, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
We just covered some good ideas how to shop for Volvo XC60 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Dallas car insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Additional car insurance information is available at these links:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents in Texas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in Texas? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)