How many times have you told yourself it's time to shop around for more affordable auto insurance rates in Texas City, TX? Locating the cheapest insurance for a new or used car in Texas could be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to make it easier.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance so you're going to learn the proper way to price shop coverage on a and locate the lowest price.
Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in Texas could save themselves almost 70% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't know how much savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
Auto insurance providers offering competitive rate quotes in Texas
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,098||$549||$92|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$1,592||$796||$133|
|Ford Edge Sport AWD||$934||$467||$78|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,322||$661||$110|
|Ford Explorer Limited AWD||$1,224||$612||$102|
|Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$1,144||$572||$95|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,636||$818||$136|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,292||$646||$108|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$976||$488||$81|
|Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,392||$696||$116|
|Honda Odyssey EX||$1,122||$561||$94|
|Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$1,198||$599||$100|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,034||$517||$86|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,440||$720||$120|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 2WD||$1,126||$563||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in specific Texas City garaging location which can influence coverage rates noticeably.
Car insurance rates by gender and age
The example below illustrates the comparison of insurance costs for male and female drivers in Texas City. The rates are based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied on a Ford Escape XLS.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Physical damage deductibles
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Honda Civic annual premium costs for each age group. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders influence Kia Optima premium costs for different insured age categories. The data is based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Kia Optima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
These discounts can reduce insurance rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might find some hidden discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but a few need to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Renewal Discounts - A few companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a deployed family member can result in better insurance rates.
- E-sign Discounts - Some companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing on their website.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Texas City auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a home in Texas City may trigger a policy discount on insurance since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more.
It's important to note that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, defensive driving training, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple autos.
- GEICO has discounts for emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, military active duty, federal employee, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, preferred payment discount, newly married, newly retired, and new move discount.
- The Hartford includes discounts for air bag, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, bundle, driver training, and anti-theft.
- MetLife may include discounts for good student, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, claim-free
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
It's a good idea to ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be available everywhere. If you would like to view insurance companies with the best insurance discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Informed drivers can cut their insurance rates
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower insurance prices.
The following are some of the things that factor into your rates.
High comp and collision deductibles equal low rates - The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be colliding with a stationary object, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Alarm systems lower insurance rates - Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Your spouse saves you money - Being married actually saves money on insurance. It translates into being more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Expect high rates for teens - Older people have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.Drivers with little experience are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Do safer cars cost less to insure? - Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates.
Extra coverages that may not be needed - There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that you can buy if you aren't careful. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
Don't abuse claims - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to higher rates. Insurance companies in Texas provide better rates to people who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
More traffic equals higher prices - Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when it comes to insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers who live in large Texas cities regularly have more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. Longer commute distances statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Quote more to save more
You just read some good ideas how to save on auto insurance in Texas City. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions and even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching auto insurance companies is easier than you think.
As you shop your coverage around, it's not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers in Texas? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents in Texas? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)